Discussion in 'Site Issues' started by RabC, Aug 19, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is it possible to ignore a mods posts ( I have tired but no joy), I appreciate they have jobs to do but I just don't want to see some of his banal drivel
  2. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

The normal way of doing this is clicking on their avatar and a load of information comes up. One of the things there is "Ignore" click on that.

I'm gathering you have tried this with no joy?
  3. BR thats what I have done, it goes to ignore but when I close the window the posts are still there and when I check the ignore button again it has reverted to its original state.
  4. Purple_twiglet

Purple_twiglet War Hero Moderator

Sorry, seems you're stuck with it.

You could just put black masking tape over your monitor whenever you see posts you don't like? :)
  5. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

@Good CO @Bad CO

Is there anyway of rectifying this or are MOD's not able to be ignored?
  6. Jedi Masters.

They are.
  7. Just tried it on RabC and P_T Rabs posts all gone, P_Ts still there, so it looks like Mods cannot be ignored
  8. Then it seems we must treat them like mushrooms....
  9. I tried putting myself on ignore as I normally post shite, it hasn't worked because I can still see what I'm typing!!!
    • Funny Funny x 2
  10. BCO. It says he is on ignore but his posts still appear.:(
  11. I know it's not a solution to the site function but: Can you not just ignore whoever it is in the genuine sense of the word?

I've never really got the ignore function, except where the RSS feed is concerned.
  12. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Never thought of that. Good idea!
  13. I guess I will have to try, will see how my blood pressure holds up....................
  14. See if you can persuade PT to put you on his ignore list.
    At least that way you'll be able to rant at him without being moderated to death ;)
    • Like Like x 2
  15. A mushroom(ortoadstool) is the fleshy,spore-bearingfruiting bodyof a fungus ,Puffball and Stinkhorn are two varieties. Which MODS most closely match those two ?
  16. PT begins with P, Seadog begins with S, coincidence?
  17. Purple_twiglet

Purple_twiglet War Hero Moderator

Nothing to see here people, move along ;-)
  18. Silence Puffball.
    • Funny Funny x 2
  19. That’s because you were a clanky, they ignored you back aft so you came fwd and were ignored there as well, so you are so used to being ignored it is just normal to you?:p