If you thought the first series of Warship was bad....

Discussion in 'The Fleet' started by chris78290, Nov 10, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. .... check out Carrier - the American version.

Thick, indisciplined, moaning, dirty, bafoons.

This is a 10 part documentary shot onboard the USS Nimitz. Goodness knows how that Navy functions, it is an absolute shambles, either the programme is very harshly edited which I cannot imagine from the fiercely patriotic Americans or they don't realise just how bad it makes them look.

As I said, if you cringed a little at Warship series 1 or Shipmates on the BBC, check this out, it will make those shows seem like a gold standard.

It is showing every so often on National Geographic, available here for anyone who uses rapidshare or in a number of other locations online if you have a trawl.

Watch the yanks on their "cruise", on a "boat" apparently "acting like a babysitter because the world can't look after themselves without us watching over them".
  2. America, F*CK YEAH!
    Coming again, to save the mother f*cking day yeah,
    America, F*CK YEAH!
    Freedom is the only way yeah,
    Terrorist your game is through cause now you have to answer too,
    America, F*CK YEAH!
    So lick my butt, and suck on my balls,
    America, F*CK YEAH!
  3. Yes I caught this whilst channel hopping before the footy, and I too cringed and wondered (God forbid) how would they cope with another Battle of the Atlantic .

Surely though the most vomit-inducing has to be "Sea Patrol" set in Oz. Is the RAN really like this if so let me join.
    During the 5 mins I watched this the XO (female) was sat on the jetty holding hands with the Buffer apparently the ship's bosun and gazing lovingly into his eyes EEEEUCCCHHHH!!!!!

Is fraternisation with female officers permitted within the RAN?
  4. I watched a minute or so of this but couldnt understand a word they were saying so gave up....
  5. the_matelot

the_matelot War Hero Moderator

The actress who plays the Navs is DIVS!!!!! :D
  6. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

IT'S JUST A FECKIN' PROGRAMME!! :shock: :oops: :roll:
  7. Yes she sure is!

seeing her reminfded me of my 1st D.O at SULTAN in 1977 she was a drop dead gorgeous 2/0> She used to ride a bicycle to/from wardroom a luvverly sight to see, particularly when windy!!!.