If you own a horse the BWO has to look after it?

redrumration

Midshipman
Heard from an oppo today but surely he's got me on a bite? Can't find it in a BR / JSP

While I'm at it, couldn't find anything about men being allowed to have a ponytail if they tar it, another myth that may have been true a long-time ago I assume?

Still trotting along on the subject of horses, when R. Adm. GI Pritchard* was the Captain of SMOPs, HMS DRYAD, he was known to attend Divisions astride his horse, probably stabled in the extensive grounds there.

Headlined 'Ready for the Portland Race' see the story & photo in the Navy News of April 1977 of that Admiral (as FOST) being greeted by yet another horse aboard HMS HERMES: Pages 14 & 15 at https://issuu.com/navynews/docs/197704

*Having joined the RN as an HO ordinary seaman he certainly jumped a few fences in his long and interesting career, see wiki etc. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gwynedd_Pritchard
http://hmscavalier.org.uk/overthebar/pritchard.htm

Sumo

War Hero
When I saw this thread, I thought he had an epiphany, and he meant house not horse, pusser used to look after your house if drafted foreign

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
BreathingOutOnTheWayUp IRANIANS ACCIDENTALLY SINK OWN VESSEL Current Affairs 4
MoD_RSS Lewes couple who befriended and robbed disabled man in his own home jailed for longer MoD News 0
MoD_RSS HMRC defeats promoter who used their own avoidance scheme MoD News 0
soleil Royal Navy And Royal Marines Charity - Build Your Own Aircraft Carrier Charity 2
MoD_RSS 200 people to spend Christmas off the streets and in their own homes thanks to innovative government programme Housing First MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government confirms commitment to preventing public institutions setting up their own international boycotts MoD News 0
slim Electric Cars Anyone Own One? Which is the best type to Buy? Current Affairs 21
MoD_RSS Guatemala holds its own Business and Human Rights Forum MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Addressing the Syrian government's persecution of its own people MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Woman who robbed her own grandfather jailed MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: £1 million funding for communities to create their own pocket parks MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Scientists move away from the keyboard to beat cyber attackers at their own game MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Putin’s sinister threats and lies extend far beyond his own country: article by Boris Johnson MoD News 0
Chicogiz Chicojizz’s Very Own Bucket of Shit. The Gash Barge 95
Rover We look after our own. The Corps 3
BillyNoMates Every Forum should have its' own theme music. The Gash Barge 1
slim Who Wants their own copy of Patrick O'brians Red Sailor? The Book Club 16
u04elw2 My own GP doing my medical?! Health & Fitness 2
D how do I trace my own history in the RMR? The Corps 1
scouse Art Nalls to fly his own SHAR The Fleet Air Arm 12
tiddlyoggy Brit murders his own kids and escapes on ROLLER SKATES!! Diamond Lil's 24
trelawney126 Deserves a Special Place of his Own Submariners 4
SONAR-BENDER Walt with his own U Boat........ Diamond Lil's 8
deusex Stealing from your own guys Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 63
C Make your own cartoons Diamond Lil's 8
soleil Pompey News: "Navy Launches Its Own Toy Type 45 Destroyer"" The Fleet 29
sgtpepperband Defending Your Own Home (Resurgam) Current Affairs 5
T Defending your own home The Gash Barge 194
P Business Opportunity along with advice if you’re thinking of starting your own The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 7
soleil "Politicians Must Put The Nation’s Battles Before Their Own" Current Affairs 0
Merlin28 UK getting it's own version of NASA Current Affairs 7
S Can I have my own civillian GP? The Quarterdeck 24
Seadog Labour Election Campaign Own Goal Current Affairs 7
TheRowan No. 1BWs... build your own Bush Jacket? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
R077 Own up! Diamond Lil's 17
Clown_Puncher What is Wannabepilot doing on her own in the chatroom? Diamond Lil's 32
V Baron James Shortt gets his own ARRSE You Tube Tribute !! Diamond Lil's 3
Montigny_La_Palisse RAF at the Edinburgh gay-off- Their own worst enemies Diamond Lil's 11
X.R.D There i was minding my own business and i get this.......... Diamond Lil's 36
andym Our own Little Hitler? Diamond Lil's 66
sgtpepperband Russia 'shot down its own planes' Current Affairs 4
T You cannot benefit from your own wrong.... Diamond Lil's 0
RonJeremy Eating your own semen Diamond Lil's 21
RonJeremy A baboon rips the head off it and eats his own faff Diamond Lil's 9
Cpt_Black Mice get their own back Diamond Lil's 0
Naval_Gazer Anti-monarchists - your own thread The Quarterdeck 46
Jack77 Time To Play In Our Own Backyard International 5
Montigny_La_Palisse Own up, who are these embarassments? The Quarterdeck 14
J Normans very own bucket of sh!t part II The Gash Barge 244
T Run your own Cafe The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 8