if you could live in any house ... ???

Discussion in 'Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy' started by golden_rivet, Dec 2, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. which would it be? Love old things but adore the house which gets blown up in Zabriskie Point. It's a bit like the house in North by Northwest but in a more exciting location (Death Valley) ...

I have no idea if it actually exisits.

Zabriskie Point trailer

Post pics please
  2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

3. Old ship. Brought her out of build, don't ya know.
  4. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

5. Should've left her there until they'd finished the job :D
  6. One golden rule:
    Never to have to drive in order to do ordinairy things, food shopping, bars, train stations, barbers, vets (in my case) that kind of thing.
  7. Christ N_S I thought I was anchor-faced......... :lol: :thumright:
  8. Never a truer word spoken in jest.
  9. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

I'll go along with that, I helped bring her out of the last refit.

It wasn't so much the ship in the picture (Irn Duck), it was the blue wrinkly stuff, 'cos after all: "The sea's my home". (Me hearties).

10. [​IMG]

I could reach out on a cold, wintry night and stroke pussy...... :)
  11. So that's where my Pusser's suitcase went to. (On top of wooden matelots locker in Thingy's HMS Belfast Messdeck phot. Do they still issue those BTW?).
    My choice Blanket Bay Lodge, Glenorchy, Lake Wakatipu,Queenstown.

Kick the punters out, retain staff and fly in selected guests. If I could buy that place I wouldn't have to worry about the expense, beautiful. Scraped a few (a FEW!!) sheckles together for a night there for 10th Wedding anniversary, still paying off the mortgage I had to take out for it.
  12. Looks stunning NZ....my kind of place :thumright:
  13. Stirling when I win Lotto, (Oops spanner in works I never buy a ticket, DOH!) and purchase the place your reservation will be the first made.
  14. . :eek:ccasion5: :eek:ccasion5:
  15. I'm converted!!!

16. er - cough cough - does that explain a recent mysterious crime ??????

a potential source of income for NZB??
  17. Have they learned the ancient technique of brewing beer in Kiwiland yet!!!

Met an Englishwoman near Rotoroa. We have sold one of our properties and bought a holiday home down here she told me with a gob full of marbles!

Well the lake district and all the other des res places are screwed up with second home knobs.

NZ here we come!!
  18. Lovely Detached residence. 6 bedrooms. 2 Bathrooms. Boathouse.
    Blood running from behind the wallpaper. Large Basement/Cellar,
    suitable for Storage/Playroom/Various Satanic rituals. Vacant Possession.
    Previous owner murdered his entire family. Sensible offers only.
    Amityville Real Estate Company.

I do like these big old wooden houses though......

19. GR, what a disgraceful remark..the bastards left me standing in the car park with a few GSMs and a Boer War 'I Love Kitchener' badge, whilst they scarpered with the VCs, had to employ speed marching skills I thought long forgotten to get out of there before the rozzers arrived.
    I'm now seriously considering applying for Lord Ashcroft's (Who he? NZ Ed) $200 Large... er , No names no pack drill.

BP1, yes lots of fruity voices can now be heard in NZ, luckily most of them believe the North Islands propaganda that Dunners is always cold, well it is for 10 months of the year, so most of them leave the crowded UK for crowded Auckland/North Island Sh!teholes, leaving the South Island to those with the sense to put a few layers on when it's chilly and enjoy the 5 minute walk to the beach and the 15 minute cycle to work!! (If I'm feeling energetic, otherwise 6 min drive and 10 minute walk.)