Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

If in doubt, make stuff up

The Mirror picking up on a random tweet and running a story on it. Red tops have never exactly been known for their journalistic skills but this is their level today.

People still buy this shite.

The Mirror picking up on a random tweet and running a story on it. Red tops have never exactly been known for their journalistic skills but this is their level today.

People still buy this shite.

A local boat charter company tweet may be classed as 'random', but the Isles of Scilly twitter account?

The Isles of Scilly twitter account had the message: "All visits to HMS Sutherland have been cancelled today due to weather conditions, but Water Carnival and lifeboat visit still going ahead!

A Royal Navy spokesperson said: “Regrettably a ceremony due to take place on the shore was cancelled because sea conditions meant personnel could not be safely transported from the ship.”

A local boat charter company tweeted: "HMS Echo can land liberty men (sailors allowed to go ashore) but Sutherland can't land sunset party?

"Disappointing."

I can't remember the last time I bought a newspaper.

My thoughts on them were formed many years ago by the output of so called journalists covering Scottish football.

I consider them mostly comics, particularly the red tops, pushing propaganda at the whim of their owners and political classes.

The internet scares the shit out of them.

A local boat charter company tweet may be classed as 'random', but the Isles of Scilly twitter account?

The Isles of Scilly twitter account had the message: "All visits to HMS Sutherland have been cancelled today due to weather conditions, but Water Carnival and lifeboat visit still going ahead!

A Royal Navy spokesperson said: “Regrettably a ceremony due to take place on the shore was cancelled because sea conditions meant personnel could not be safely transported from the ship.”

A local boat charter company tweeted: "HMS Echo can land liberty men (sailors allowed to go ashore) but Sutherland can't land sunset party?

"Disappointing."

Trust me, the isles of Scilly Twitter account will run by someone who has as much going for them as @Iluvunicornslol

Latest Threads