Idiot teachers taking kids up mountains

Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by davy_longshanks, Jun 28, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. GRRRR....just got back from going up Scafell Pike today, weather was totally obscured by cloud all the way up and all the way down. There was a party of about 20 -30 schoolkids aged about 10 or 11 with 3 -4 teachers(didn't even have proper kit) Because the weather was so bad I had to check off with compass & map every so often. The teachers had got lost so were relieved to see me etc . Turns out they didn't even have a fecking map. Said to them "Oh well, I'll give you a general bearing to follow in case you miss the cairns" One of em said "Oh thats ok I've got a compass" Then this cnut produces some kind of joke compass like you get in a chrimbo cracker - totally fecking useless etc

Drives me nuts that so called people in responsibility takes such risks with the kids etc - I;ve got 2 kids of my own and there's no way I'd let them go on a school trip up a fecking hillside like that - it was totally negligent - they go off ok in the end though as I pointed em in the right direction a bit further down.....

Sorry rant over though we wonder how accidents happen etc.....!!!! :thumright: