Idiocracy writ large

Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by dickhead, Oct 21, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. We are to lose yet another Type 42 Destroyer and gain a 42nd Admiral.
    This is madness. The Prime Minister gloats on high employment figures --But these are, for the most part, non-jobs. Contrived to massage the figures. Mind paying for it? Not sure I do

2. Well if you don't mind paying for it then that's alright surely....

3. Thought about it : I object strenuously to paying, indirectcly, or otherwise toward Lord Mandelson's enoblement.
    Do you?

4. Is that another one additional to the 3 in Pompey? What ship?

5. Not been allocated yet. She's being sold rather than razor-bladed

6. Whats the source of this joyous piece of news?

SF

7. Levers_Aligned

Levers_Aligned War Hero Moderator

Come on then, dickhead. Show your sources, and I will lay my credentials down as well. I'm a lot closer to that particular coalface than you think. Which one do you think is going, huh? I'll tell you this much to be going on with. Southampton, Exeter and Nottingham remain in 'Extended Readiness' (that's at a certain undisclosed notice, in days, ready to be operational again) and their crews work toward that edict. No change, despite what you see, believe or hear. Either post us up some substance (instead of undiluted bullshit) or STFU. Liverpool has just got back from deployment and is undergoing maintenance, and apart from York, who is covered in tarps at the moment and recrews up shortly, the other three stretcheds are in service and have programmes.

Edit> And your 'sold' thing is a trifle far-teched. Wouldn't you imagine said buyer (of a fairly antiquated, high maintenance and manpower driven vessel) would have bought up the Batch ones first? Which other customers of T42s do we have? Oh yeah. Argentina. The Hercules sits forlornly alongside for most of it's days and the Santissima Trinidad looks like it was bought yesterday after being sat in a shed in Pompey for thirty years. It's an antique, and hollowed out inside. Believe me. I've seen them in Puerto Belgrano not long since.

Your move.

Levers

8. I read that India is in the market for a further anti pirate vessel. Which of our warships she has her eyes on will reveal itself in a few weeks.

9. New name same Norman

10. Of course thre are three frigates in South Basin, Barrow Upon Furness that the Brunei Military would dearly love to sell to NATO as a basis for there new anti piracy patrol in the Mid East.

[​IMG]

Nutty

11. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

Don't believe it. Someone has almost exactly the same nickname as me (Tiddyoggy-WTF is a Tiddy oggy?). Could lead to all sorts of confusion, especially if I come on here half cut!

12. errrrr....Liverpool is not back yet

13. No confusion surely? You're a Cornish pasty in your No 1's with a cut-away, bleached, Blue Jean Collar. Not a run-of-the-mill - one half potato -the other half all potato, tiddy oggy. A clear distinction when only partially cut.

14. And you're an unfunny, unimaginative idiot that REALLY needs to get a life.

15. Forgot to mention the cap -tally tiddly bow. Often carefully folded and trimmed, it was to be worn over the left eye rather than, as the Jaunty attempted to suggest- QRs and AI's Volume 3 paragraph 3215 states that you'll wear your cap-tally bows over "yer bleedin' left ear" " Not over yer soddin' cyclops eye" Those were the days.

16. Wasn't it Voltaire ( Francois Marie Arouet) 1694 - 1778 who wrote (rough translation) I disapprove of what you say But I will defend to the death your right to say it" Lamri --"Do not feed the troll " should read a little of Voltaire's democratic views.
    " Give the troll "Big Eats" would have made more sense .

17. Levers_Aligned

Levers_Aligned War Hero Moderator

So. No information from dickhead.

There's a shock, eh?

Levers

18. Shock? If that equates to the "shocks" you would have received during your Active Service belies belief. Please explain.

19. To whom?