Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ID Check Kevin Lawlor

dogsnaffle

Badgeman
A courteous professional enquiry from a close friend came to me to see if anyone knew this chap. He's 54 now, and was apparently in the Corps for only 7 years before transferring to "the Army". Now a dentist with intriguing spiritual interests and a sideline in organising mountain expeditions and motorcycling adventure holidays. No reason not to believe the pitch, his website is sufficiently "bootneck bonkers" to be valid but I was asked, so can anyone shed any light?

Here's his page:

http://www.kevinlawlor.org/kevinlawlor.org/Welcome.html

Seadog

War Hero
Unless there has been some recent editing or I'm just gash at Interweb, I only see two references to his RM status. Hardly 'Bootneck bonkers' or 'Corps Pissed' to use the RM description.

No pictures of him in his bedroom wearing a green lid, mega 'tasche, posing with an air rifle and the most exaggerated pointy trigger finger like Jimbo Shortt.

I know a booty and 2 matelots,
same vintage as this guy - same vintage as me- who have taken similar post service paths to this chap, one is a Bish.

From what I see I don't see why light should be shed or comment even made. Yet here I am.

If you are interested in taking it further I can (or you can) pass the details on to the WalterMitty group for them to investigate but he doesn't seem to be making ridiculous claims or statements.

Is there any reason why you doubt he is genuine?

Seadog

War Hero
Is there any reason why you doubt he is genuine?

WTF?

. No reason not to believe the pitch, his website is sufficiently "bootneck bonkers" to be valid....

This is why these type of threads are arrse. The virtuous, self appointed guardians of Valhalla jump to confusions and before you know it, some undeserving bloke is getting unwarranted attention from entitled Veterans whose own service may be woefully inadequate by some standards.

I have an acquaintance who did 5 years as a pongo 35 years ago, albeit with a stiffening tour of NI in there. He seems to be a member of every Veterans' group you've ever heard of - and a few you haven't- and moans on Facebook when only 4 Veterans turn up for his latest obscure campaign march. Any excuse to wear his squaddiness on his sleeve. To compound his offence he's one of these chaps who equates being a ( not an outlaw) biker with military virtues and so naturally, his regimental beret and a 'look at my Veteranness' adorned waistcoat are much in evidence.

Some folk deserve close attention and 'outing' but I feel that those with a 'does not compute' profile on LinkedIn are often the victims of the ignorance of the beholder to appreciate that not all career profiles are:

'did 22 years in the Andrew, left as a senior AB and got a job as a bell boy at the Dorchester where I can still wear my medal ribbons'.

RabC

MIA
The Bootie who convinced me to jump out of a perfectly serviceable aircraft was a White Witch (should that be Warlock?), takes all sorts..........

Rover

Lantern Swinger
The Bootie who convinced me to jump out of a perfectly serviceable aircraft was a White Witch (should that be Warlock?), takes all sorts..........

Rab,

Are you sure you were not part of some sacrificial rite!!
o_O;)

BillyNoMates

War Hero
Looks like he should be in Kung Fu movies.

"Ahhh Grass Hopper......"

http://www.qrdp.co.uk/meet-aberdeen-dentist/kevin-lawlor

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
WTF?

'did 22 years in the Andrew, left as a senior AB and got a job as a bell boy at the Dorchester where I can still wear my medal ribbons'.

If you're going to slag off my career choice since I left, you can carry your own bags next time you visit!!

dogsnaffle

Badgeman
Just asked my Lt Col RM oppo and he can confirm he was a Royal, (the chap in question not him).

Thanks, that's all I needed.

To explain; my ex-army friend has a professional, commercial interest in this chap and asked me to support a low level background check before investment. I am not implying he is anything other than he says, was just after someone to say they knew him or at least had no reason to doubt him. I think I have that now and OAMAAM appears to concur.

And Seadog?....When I said "bootneck bonkers" it wasn't to imply "bonkers about being a bootneck" I was using "bootneck" as an attributive adjective to the word "bonkers" eg. "So how bonkers would you say he was?...Oh, bootneck bonkers I'd say"

Similar use to the phrase "He's not gay, he's bootneck curious"

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Check out 2020 Aerial Promo for the Chatham Dockyard! The Quarterdeck 0
MoD_RSS Farmers and waste companies urged to check waste management processes or face enforcement action MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Industry urged to check plant import and export guidance MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Antique industry urged to check guidance for trade of animal and furniture products from 1 January 2021 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Thermometer recall: Safe and Sound Infrared Ear Thermometer - MHRA urges people to check theirs for recalled lots MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Devon residents urged to check who is taking their green waste MoD News 0
MoD_RSS From the South West to Scotland - check before you travel this summer MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Check your heating oil tank MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The danger of unsecured loads – Highways England reminds drivers to check before setting off this summer MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Homeowners need to check before starting work near flood defences MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Check the tax rules on waiving your income or donating to charity MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Check your vehicle for these five things before driving MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Check your vehicle! MoD News 0
R do the navy check your doctors notes Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
MoD_RSS Civil news: check live case work with new status report service MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Homes England unlocks its Help to Buy: Equity Loan calculator so advisers can check an applicant’s likely approval MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Check if you can apply for a refund of deputyship fees MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Check your blind cords and keep your home safe MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Contact lenses recall: 1-day Acuvue Moist for Astigmatism - MHRA urges patients to check their boxes for recalled lots MoD News 0
MoD_RSS A million texts to encourage travellers to check passport validity after Brexit MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Security training package empowers staff to See, Check and Notify (SCaN) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Highways England urging motorists to ‘check it before towing it’ MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Spot check crackdown on waste carriers in Broxbourne MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Motorists urged to check rules on towing before summer holidays MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Patients to check if they have certain prescription-only medicines as additional products recalled MoD News 0
MoD_RSS DfT to embrace artificial intelligence technology in plans for local roads health-check MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Motorists urged to check vehicles before heading off on holiday MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Check and update your charity details MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Motorists urged to make Friday 19 July ‘check your vehicle day’ MoD News 0
MoD_RSS IP Health Check - new enforcement module MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Thousands of schools to pilot new reception class check-up MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Call for caravanners to "check it before towing it" this summer MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Schools to trial new multiplication tables check MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Check and update your charity details MoD News 0
S [security check]British National joining the RN rating Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
F DBS check's Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
D Medical check Health & Fitness 3
3 DBS/CRB check? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
J What does the Terrorist Check cover? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
I CRB Check SCC and URNU 1
P Due to join the RMR prior service check and security vetting worry RMR 4
D cdt integrity check Current Affairs 179
F Who administers the security check form/ Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
R Security Check Enquiries!! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
stan_the_man Check out Stans new bog Diamond Lil's 11
S National Security Vetting - credit check Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
BillyNoMates Newbies can check in here. The Corps 0
scousesubmariner check out this poor unfortunate sod Diamond Lil's 0