Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ID Cards

Matt1993

Badgeman
When i was on my PRNC I noticed the fasionable landyards and military ID cards everyone had. At what point will I be issued with one of these?

Matt1993

Badgeman
Well thanks Danny, I figured that one out for my self strangely enough. what i didnt know was whether this is during phase 1 or 2

G

guestm

They're all the rage Monty donchaknow??? I mean ... would you be seen dead without one dangling around your person?????

Well now I'm all self conscious about whether my lanyard is considered on-trend or not. I wouldn't want to appear out of touch with the kids. Anyone got Gok-Wan's phone number?

One of you must have.

danny

War Hero
I try to keep mine hidden inside my shirt pocket, just to find out which throbbers will stop their car and shout at me. Just a game I play.

diehard

Badgeman
I lost mine in 1984 and got a severe beasting and a £75 fine.
The only time I used my card was to get out of trouble with the police , get laid and if we thought we might get some freebies. It stayed in my wallet most of the time and was rarely asked for, even when going into another barracks, all changed now though eh? Since when has it been a concern on how to display your id and be fashionable with it at the same time?
When I worked as a prison officer I still kept my id in my wallet and enjoyed deriding officers that lost there id in ruckus with prisoners because they wore it around there neck to a: remember who they were b: to remind the prisoners who they were or c: because they like looking like a covk

For the op.

Wear and display the ID card in the way that you are instructed to do and you will have no problems whatsoever and good luck
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G

guestm

I lost mine in 1984 and got a severe beasting and a £75 fine.
The only time I used my card was to get out of trouble with the police , get laid and if we thought we might get some freebies. It stayed in my wallet most of the time and was rarely asked for, even when going into another barracks, all changed now though eh? Since when has it been a concern on how to display your id and be fashionable with it at the same time?
When I worked as a prison officer I still kept my id in my wallet and enjoyed deriding officers that lost there id in ruckus with prisoners because they wore it around there neck to a: remember who they were b: to remind the prisoners who they were or c: because they like looking like a covk

For the op.

Wear and display the ID card in the way that you are instructed to do and you will have no problems whatsoever and good luck
You used it to get laid? Was there not a cash machine nearby?

slim

War Hero
The RN confiscated mine when I left. However when I worked for BAe I spent time with the Royal Thai Navy, they let me keep my ID card. Very useful to flash at Thai cops usually managed to get you off a fine or bribe.:p

Just handed my Brize Norton one back (changed section at work) if I go now I'll have to queue up with the great unwashed

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS New veterans ID cards rolled out to service leavers MoD News 0
MoD_RSS 6-year ban for greetings cards boss MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: New veterans ID cards rolled out to service leavers MoD News 2
MoD_RSS News story: Alert for charities – risk of CEO fraud through Christmas gift cards MoD News 0
M ID Cards for Veterans The Gash Barge 80
M ID Cards to go alongside Veterans badges Petitions 82
BillyNoMates RR Christmas cards Diamond Lil's 7
scouse Rail cards heads up Diamond Lil's 0
trelawney126 Where can I get one of these Credit Cards The Gash Barge 1
BillyNoMates Christmas Scratch Cards. Diamond Lil's 1
soleil Buying Christmas Cards ............ The Quarterdeck 30
Topstop Vetrans ID Cards Current Affairs 13
ORACLE Hotel Key Cards The Gash Barge 3
B r4 cards with bfpo discount Gaming 1
onions MOD ID cards Current Affairs 6
TheAaronP Banking advice -Barclays Credit Cards! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
Polycell Fleet Bridge Cards History 3
Pitfirrane Help Me Post some Christmas Cards. Site Issues 1
sgtpepperband Christmas Cards Diamond Lil's 9
sgtpepperband Online Greetings Cards Nearest & Dearest 2
Scouse_Scribes SD memory cards Bloody Computers 13
slim Credit Cards Finance & Pensions 4
sussex2 Christmas cards Charity 12
Good_CO Credit Cards Exchange Rate Costs - Did you know? Finance & Pensions 15
sgtpepperband New ID Cards to be issued... The Gash Barge 9
trehorn Fuel cards Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 32
Polycell Bridge cards History 22
andym UK ID cards Current Affairs 3