id card/service number

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by -buggy-, Apr 15, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hey all,
    im currently awaiting my re-entry date but was just wondering , does anybody know if i get my old id card / service number back or do i start with a new lot ?

cheers :thumright:

2. From personal experience and from others if you had served before you got your old number back as you were carrying on with the engagement you signed up originally. BUT now it's JPA with it's bizarre numbering system i wouldn't like to guess :pukel: possibly a serving scribes would like to comment :thumright:

3. Not sure if its the same but when I went UY I had to keep my old D number as JPA can't understand why the same personal details would be entered for the second time

4. when you join raleigh, when do you get your ID card

5. If you had a 300***** number you'll get your old one back. If not you'll be given a new one.

You get your ID Card the day you pass out (which for me was today :afro: )

6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

If ex-Navy You get to keep your previous service number upon rejoining the Navy. If you are ex-Army or RAF you get a new one unless you had the newer 3000000.. series of numbers which are now tri-service and transferable.

7. There was a re-entry in my class who couldn't keep his old number, maybe he was just unlucky.

8. A mate of mine has just re-joined and has kept his original service number.

9. I left nearly 4 years ago before the introduction of JPA. Do RN service numbers work differently now? When I joined, apart from a few old timers who started with J, all RN non-officer svc no's started with D followed by 6 numbers and finishing with another random letter. (I was of the D172**** era - sprog comments welcome)!

If the D sequence is still going then where are we up to? I seem to recall that it was around D250 ish when I left.

10. I think it was around D264 when 300 took over - stand correction though.

Oh, and sprog :thumright:

11. I was not allowed to keep my D number and have a crappy 3000 number now instead. Despite my protestations. Real pain as a load of my spare rig has my D number on it!

12. Hi all,

Ninja has it right if you re-join the service you left you keep your service No. If you join a different service then you get the newer JPA No. 3000etc.

SM

:nemo: :rendeer: