Ice Patrol - Ch 5 23 Apr - Shackleton Walk - Glacier Glasses

CRMS

Well done to the Royal Marines completing the Shackleton Walk across S Georgia - although it was 16 months ago!

Anyway, anyone know where the Royal Marines get their glacier glasses from/who makes them/supplies them??. They appear to have leather nose and side pieces. I am some to replace my current broken glacier glasses.

TVMIA

labrum

War Hero
CRMS said:
Well done to the Royal Marines completing the Shackleton Walk across S Georgia - although it was 16 months ago!

Anyway, anyone know where the Royal Marines get their glacier glasses from/who makes them/supplies them??. They appear to have leather nose and side pieces. I am some to replace my current broken glacier glasses.

TVMIA
Not sure what pusser's issue is these days but to replace the issued fly's eyes I bought myself a pair of Bolle glasses which had leather sides and optional nose cover. Can't seem to find them via Google though...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
soleil BBC: "HMS Endurance: Former Ice Patrol Ship To Be Scrapped" The Fleet 20
MoD_RSS IN PICTURES: Ice patrol ship photos win Royal Navy annual awards Current Affairs 0
MoD_RSS Navy's new ice patrol ship enters Portsmouth Current Affairs 0
MoD_RSS Survey ship Scott back on ice patrol The Fleet 0
Stirling Ice Patrol.....Endurance The Quarterdeck 45
soleil TV series "Ice Patrol": HMS Endurance - Mondays - 2200 The Fleet 37
MoD_RSS New tech to tackle leaves on the line and de-ice platforms set to revolutionise British rail travel MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Flying through Fire and Ice MoD News 0
soleil "Royal Navy Submarine Breaks Through Arctic Ice For Major Exercise" Submariners 30
dapperdunn Faecal matter in ice. Health & Fitness 16
Ageing_Gracefully Extra November Book Competition - FIRE and ICE Competitions 23
soleil ITV: "Ice Ship Heads Back After Fighting Fires And Rescuing Scientists" The Fleet 3
MoD_RSS HMS Protector battles through ice to retrieve scientists Current Affairs 0
S The Ice Man and The Brotherhood The Book Club 0
MoD_RSS HMS Protector cuts through Antarctic ice Current Affairs 0
MoD_RSS Royal Navy's new ice-breaker deploys to Antarctica Current Affairs 4
Stirling Vanishing ice. Current Affairs 3
MoD_RSS Navy's new ice-breaker officially named Current Affairs 1
soleil The Sun: "Dessert Storm: Ex-Soldiers Fly Ice Cream Van To Afghanistan" Bases / Shore Est 6
BillyNoMates Ice cream advert (American naturally). Diamond Lil's 7
soleil Herald: "Ice Drill saves lives" The Corps 0
soleil Herald/Video: Ice Training in Norway with Plymouth based RMs The Corps 6
soleil Best way to stop if your car skids on the ice Motoring 59
TattooDog Heather Mills Joins Dancing On Ice The Gash Barge 11
B Ice Cream Van Tunes The Gash Barge 16
RNIHA Ice Hockey - RN v Basingstoke this weekend Sports and Adventure Training 1
RNIHA Royal Navy Ice Hockey Association The Quarterdeck 0
RNIHA Royal Navy Ice Hockey Association Sports and Adventure Training 7
K ROYAL NAVY HAS AN ICE HOCKEY TEAM Sports and Adventure Training 1
BillyNoMates USS Annapolis in the Arctic Ice. Submariners 8
O ICE Current Affairs 7
K Self introductions & Ice breaking games? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 23
BillyNoMates Aircraft Carrier (Made of ICE) History 7
Seaweed MV Ice Prince Current Affairs 45
J Helicopters, ships etc carved in ice!!!! The Quarterdeck 0
clanky Good luck to the Fighting Ice Cream The Fleet 4
D108 Through the ice Submariners 11
MoD_RSS Royal Navy’s new Offshore Patrol Vessel named HMS Spey MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Royal Navy’s new offshore patrol vessel named HMS Tamar MoD News 0
J River class patrol vessel Joining the Royal Navy 17
soleil Mail: Royal Navy Keeps Old Offshore Patrol Ships It Was Due To Retire For Post-Brexit Coastline Protection The Fleet 1
soleil Press & Journal: "Royal Navy Patrol Boats In Tour Of The North" SCC and URNU 0
MoD_RSS News story: New offshore patrol vessel named HMS Trent MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Exercise Cambrian Patrol testing the best from around the world MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: UK marks 350th UK deterrent patrol MoD News 1
MoD_RSS News story: Defence Secretary announces new Maritime Patrol Aircraft squadrons MoD News 1
MoD_RSS News story: Scottish shipyards begin building Royal Navy's latest patrol ship MoD News 1
F First Beira patrol The Quarterdeck 21
MoD_RSS News story: Royal Navy's first new Offshore Patrol Vessel formally named MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: UK and Norway agree new cooperation on Maritime Patrol Aircraft MoD News 0