I wish the Police would act like that against criminals

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by YouAreHavingALaugh, May 16, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The way the police acted against the trouble during and after the Rangers football match is a debate in itself however my point is this:

If the persons concerned were robbing a house, stealing a car, mugging someone, assaulting someone in the street or commiting many of the daily occurenses that happen in 'Bliars' legacy country, there would not be able to act as they did on wednesday night as it would infringe the criminals human rights (backed up by Cherie Blair) no doubt.

A lawsuit would occur and despite the criminal being bang to rights the police would lose the case.

So what is the difference in the two types of crime that have occured.

Either way they should respond the same.

And before some do gooder goes on about the guy who was shot dead the other week:

1. He was taking pot shots at anyone for 5 hours
    2. He shot through two windows of adjacent house, one was a kids room
    3. He was surrounded by armed olice and continued
    4. If the police had sent his wife forward to talk to him and he shot her, they would be crucified
    5. If you fire a gun in the street and continue to do so with armed police around, you should expect to get shot.

I fully await, hopefully a decent discussion.

2. Very well said!! :thumright:

3. So are you going to provide some basis for one?

4. If the persons concerned were robbing a house, stealing a car, mugging someone, assaulting someone in the street or commiting many of the daily occurenses that happen in 'Bliars' legacy country, there would not be able to act as they did on wednesday night as it would infringe the criminals human rights (backed up by Cherie Blair) no doubt.

Totaly agree with your point, but the UK is to soft and PC. Afraid of bad press and lawsuits. No point in asking them to change even the EA cant do anything against illegal fishing on our rivers by immagrants and British nationals even when the EA is informed. The police will do nothing "not a priority", the same thing happens if you report a crime (this has happened to me) if life not in danger then its a low priority. Sometimes i see things on the net and in newspapers and dispair.

5. If the police can act as they did against someone rioting in the street at a football match, then why can they not act the same when someone is robbing a house, kicking hell out of someone, smashing car/house windows etc. In all cases a crime is taking place.

Hopefully, as I have shortened the information you can now understand ^~

6. One assumes that if this happened in another country some of the so called supporters would now be residing in a mortuary.
    There is no excuse for this sort of behaviour although sadly I expected it having seen the crowds on tv.

7. Oh it's got the potential to be an interesting discussion, but based on your rant above it'll probably just revert to the usual half baked dribbling about how woeful the state of the country is and how those nasty furriners/ lawyers/ politicians/ wired people from the next valley with the webbed feet whose eyes are too close together etc are responsible and something must be done.

:D

Purely based on previous form you understand.

8. Fair Comment
    :salut:

10. Alpha Charlie Alpha Bravo.

11. And? ;)

12. Streaky's comment re the police reguard for your average decent criminal, this would also apply when the police are called to a robbery or vandalism etc. how many times is it that the victim is arrested and the criminal walks away.

13. Not that many I would think. Just when they are it is all over the Daily Mail front page.

As a 'do-gooder' I'm a bit confused by this thread. I agree that the bloke in Chelsea had to be taken out by the plod, but fail to see the connection with that and Wednesday night, and in turn I cannot see the connection between that and 'other crime'. Is the suggestion that a riot squad be called out for a burglary? :eek:ccasion5:

14. after watching the news and seeing the copper getting the shit kicked out of him - i was hoping this thread was going to discuss getting the plod duty watch to do the same to all crims entering the nick