I wheely need help

Discussion in 'Motoring' started by Ballistic, Nov 5, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anyone help me here please?

A friend has been trying to replace a damaged 16" alloy wheel for her 1999 Renault Megane 2.0 litre Coupe, but so far has had no success.

I'm pursuing various options at the moment but I thought I'd try on RR as well. Any ideas?

Here are pics of wheel

I've circled what I consider to be the most important info on the second pic. Click on the thumbnails for a full size picture.

Thanks in advance for any help.
  2. The wheel looks like one of the cheap and nasty aftermarket alloys from Halfords or the Motorist's Centre. Contact them as they might be able to get a replacement. Otherwise most body repair shops can repair alloys, even really bad curb damage can be sorted out. Failing either of these options, get yourself on ebay or contact your nearest scouser and buy a whole new set of wheels.
  3. If you find one that looks the same make sure it has the 8 hole configuration as French and most Italian cars have the wheel bolts in a smaller configuration than the rest of the civilised world. The way around is with wobbler bolts but they never seem safe to me.
    I offer this advice as you can purchase the same wheels with 4 or 8 hole options. :)
  4. Thanks for the quick replies 2DD and RR.

Her budget is very limited so a new one is unlikely to be an option.

"Nearest Scouser" :D :D :D
  5. Buy it for her, tight arse.

Edit for necessary insert of comma.
  6. Try a Renault Megane 2.0 litre forum....Google is your friend
  7. I have heard of this Google thing of which you speak :D

I'd already registered on their forum before I posted on here but I'm still awaiting registration confirmation. The site recognises me as a user but won't let me post anything yet :dontknow:

Ta for taking the trouble to reply though.
  8. What on Earth are YOU doing on a motoring forum? 8O
  9. Trying to park.