I want to join the navy

Hatipus

Hi I want to join the navy I havnt applied yet because I don’t think I’m fit enough so am training everyday to get fit and am stopping smoking how fit should I be before joining any advice would be good and I’m quite a nervous person at the start is this a bad thing but I can’t stop thinking about joining I think it’s what I really want to do

Pats Nation

Midshipman
Just continue to train and you will be fine, register some interest via the royal navy website as it will take a good few months to pass all the stages, by that time you will be fit enough. How fast can you run a 1.5 mile and what is your age? Under 12 minutes would be somewhere for you to aim for.

Last edited:

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
Hi I want to join the navy I havnt applied yet because I don’t think I’m fit enough so am training everyday to get fit and am stopping smoking how fit should I be before joining any advice would be good and I’m quite a nervous person at the start is this a bad thing but I can’t stop thinking about joining I think it’s what I really want to do
Use the on site SEARCH function. There's loads of advice in there. Good luck.

Hatipus

I have registered and applied for an application but for the wrong course so need to phone up today and change it and my best run was yesterday I did about a mile in about 7 mins and I nearly passed out but also doing weights and building up thankyou for the advice

Alfacharlie

War Hero
I have registered and applied for an application but for the wrong course so need to phone up today and change it and my best run was yesterday I did about a mile in about 7 mins and I nearly passed out but also doing weights and building up thankyou for the advice
Good luck with your application. Sounds like you're on the right track to me.
What are you thinking of joining as??

Hatipus

I want to join as a weapons engineer this is what I really want I’m training as hard as I can have any of you been to hms Raleigh and if u wouldn’t mind could u give me an insight to what it’s like thanks for the help everyone

buffersduffer

Lantern Swinger
Don’t worry too much about the fitness, just sign up ffs

AA5EF1DB-DDC1-4E0D-AAB5-2CEA02589B49.jpeg

Hatipus

alfaCharlie or whatever your called why u reading them then I appreciate your help no need to be like that I told u why I’ve posted it so leave if u got a problem mate don’t know what u mean by making your eyes bleed

Dredd

War Hero
Super Moderator
alfaCharlie or whatever your called why u reading them then I appreciate your help no need to be like that I told u why I’ve posted it so leave if u got a problem mate don’t know what u mean by making your eyes bleed
Oh dear.

buffersduffer

Lantern Swinger
have any of you been to hms Raleigh and if u wouldn’t mind could u give me an insight
It’s lush, set in a semi rural location, lots to do there, kit musters, the odd gym session, a dip in the pool etc. It’s hard to believe but they pay you for being there, I felt guilty tbh for taking the money but it’s handy later in training for getting absolutely hammered in Torpoint. 10 weeks (less in my day blah) and it’s all over after a splendid passing out parade and a horse meat based mixed grill at The Carbielle Inn. Sign up, you’d be mad not to.

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
Try using punctuation, it will make your posts easier to read.

Oldest_Nozzer

Midshipman
Just keep your running up, throw some sit ups in the mix get some press ups on the go and you will be on the way.

Hms Raleigh is fairly straight forward... Turn up fit and healthy, do some obstacle course, tickle a rope climb, eat some scran, wash, iron, iron, then wash, fold, wash, iron, iron, clean, then do some more running... Next thing you know 10 weeks is done and a baby nozzer is born.

Brush up on ones punctuation, the street lingo you type is difficult to read and daft to be fair.

Check the RN website out it gives you the insight to raleigh, check YouTube out, watch Navy school if you are bored, or use the search button on here.

Good luck with the application.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Can I join the Navy if I was previously on Anti-Depressants? Joining the Royal Navy 51
soleil Forces Network: "Navy Veterans Join Future Sailors For Training On Dartmoor" Bases / Shore Est 1
K Another 17 year old wanting to join the Navy Joining the Royal Navy 20
J Can i still join the navy with this conviction? Joining the Royal Navy 6
W Looking to join the navy, unsure due to daughter Nearest & Dearest 2
S Unsure of whether to join the Army or Navy Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
MoD_RSS News story: Royal Navy and Royal Marines join major French deployment MoD News 0
M Can I join the navy? Joining the Royal Navy 10
Compound_SNC So you want to join the Navy? Health & Fitness 0
M 15 years old and wishing to join the Royal Navy as an officer? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
Ed.Ed. Is there a way to join the Royal Navy if I fail the recruitment test. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 22
K Decided to join the Navy i have some questions Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
N I am looking to join the navy as a submariner Submariners 12
R Am i eligible to join the Royal Navy Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
J Would you encourage your children to join the current Navy? The Fleet 43
soleil Navy News: "Commando Medics Ready to Join RM Around The World After Gory 2 Week Ex" The Corps 0
D 34 Years young, considering attempting to join the Royal Navy Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 34
MoD_RSS News story: Royal Navy destroyer to join ballistic defence trial MoD News 0
Horatio Nelson If The Royal Navy Didn't Pay, Would You Still Join? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 44
C I want to join the navy but im an army applicant! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
S Question: Do you think its worth keeping your car if you join the navy? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 18
J re join the navy after redundancy help Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 16
M Join the Merchant Navy: Forget the Royal Navy The Gash Barge 35
T Eighteen and looking to join the navy. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
M Can i join the royal navy with a criminal record. Diamond Lil's 59
Drakey I think he should join the navy. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
soleil Navy News: "Helo, helo, helo - Fleet Air Arm Fliers Join Forces Over Afghanistan" The Fleet Air Arm 1
soleil Rugby: Leicester Tigers: "Navy And Marines Join Tigers' Match Day" Sports and Adventure Training 0
R Trying to re-join the royal navy what a nightmare !!!!!! Submariners 17
D Ex army wanting to join royal navy Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 91
soleil Mirror: "French to join with our Navy to save us cash" Current Affairs 2
S does anybody join the royal navy on 28th feb 2010? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 21
Scarface2009 why did you want to join the Royal Navy? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 68
Noel Aged 33 wanting to Join the Navy Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 113
T New to site and looking to join the navy. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
Q Why do you want to join the Royal Navy? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 38
W Discharged from the army can i join the navy Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 21
K I really want to join the navy but.. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 15
B Why do you want to join the Royal Navy???? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 24
BillyNoMates I want to join the Navy Diamond Lil's 6
S Newbie wanting to join Navy Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 23
O Why did everyone choose to join the Navy? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 79
El_Pongito Why The Hell Would You Join The Navy? Diamond Lil's 4
Shakey Should a mother join the Navy? The Quarterdeck 118
creddly Hi, Another 'Wanting to Join post!' from a Navy Ne Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 62
T Looking to join navy - Marine Engineer Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 17
H ROYAL NAVY WANTING TO JOIN Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 186
S Why join the Navy? Diamond Lil's 1
J Before I join Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
MoD_RSS John Lockhart to join the Forest Services Board MoD News 0