Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I want to buy a ratings beret & badge in London

Hi, ex Wafu here, I left in 1984. I'm looking to buy myself a beret & badge for various parades etc. I live in London, does anyone know where I can get one of the shelf so to speak?

Cheers,

John

huwshpis

War Hero
Lock's in St James's Street would measure his head on one of those antique conformators and produce a paper pattern of its shape. They would also charge ££££££££ for a beret. Even Herbert Johnson's aren't too bad if you buy online. You get it silk-lined as well, and we all know WAFUS, like Crabs, enjoy the luxurious things in life . . . ;)

Lock's in St James's Street would measure his head on one of those antique conformators and produce a paper pattern of its shape. They would also charge ££££££££ for a beret. Even Herbert Johnson's aren't too bad if you buy online. You get it silk-lined as well, and we all know WAFUS, like Crabs, enjoy the luxurious things in life . . . ;)
They do, though in their defence, I'm told they actually do their own dobying and ironing......but only if needs must....;)

Sumo

War Hero
As an ex WU you could try fitting source pans on your head, when one gets stuck, ask the nice fireman to measure it for you, then tell the shop a tadge bigger than that. Simple.

Dredd

War Hero
Super Moderator
Cadet Direct or Cadet Kit Shop - online sales

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS New Help to Buy scheme open for business MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Help to Buy scheme extended MoD News 0
D Buy British regardless Diamond Lil's 37
Stirlin Help to buy. The Quarterdeck 2
MoD_RSS Information for Help to Buy: Equity Loan customers during Coronavirus (COVID-19) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Payment Holidays offered to Help to Buy homeowners affected by Covid-19 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Forex broker uses bank funds to buy foreign properties MoD News 1
C RFA and Forces Right To Buy RFA 7
slim Electric Cars Anyone Own One? Which is the best type to Buy? Current Affairs 21
MoD_RSS Homes England unlocks its Help to Buy: Equity Loan calculator so advisers can check an applicant’s likely approval MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Forces Help to Buy scheme extended for a further three years MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Help to Buy loophole closed to benefit homeowners MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: All employers in England to have better access to buy high quality apprenticeships MoD News 0
K Armed forces help to buy Finance & Pensions 2
MoD_RSS News story: Almost half a million new keys exchanged with Help to Buy MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: More than 400,000 first time buyers step onto the housing ladder with Help to Buy MoD News 0
S Forces help to buy. Finance & Pensions 4
M Forces help to buy Finance & Pensions 2
MoD_RSS News story: Forces Help to Buy loans £100m for new homes in first 2 years MoD News 0
P Help to Buy Finance & Pensions 14
O Want to buy a blazer Social & Reunions 5
MoD_RSS News story: Forces Help to Buy gets 5,000 service people on the property ladder MoD News 0
FunkyJunky LSAP/Help to buy Finance & Pensions 3
sweetpea Australia Moving Ahead With $20 Billion Japanese Sub Buy. International 9
MG Maniac Ho Ho Bleeding Ho! ... or what to buy for Chrimbo? Diamond Lil's 29
Topstop Saudis to buy Submarines? Submariners 7
MaiBelle Why oh why did I buy a white car? Motoring 43
soleil Guardian: "How Do I Buy-to-let While Serving In The Royal Navy? Finance & Pensions 15
trelawney126 Do you buy this Excuse Diamond Lil's 6
trelawney126 Good Buy for Naval Museum in Pompey The Gash Barge 0
R Where can i buy 1 of those burgen type kit bags from? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 23
soleil Pompey News: "MoD Urged To Buy Cheaper Navy Jets" Current Affairs 26
soleil Navy News: "Bids Sought To Buy Ark Royal" The Fleet 8
soleil Pompey News: "Navy To Buy New Aircraft" The Fleet Air Arm 10
Seaweed Psst! Wanna buy a dockyard? Current Affairs 11
P MOD to Buy 3 Boeing Rivet Joint Aircraft to replace NimrodR1 Current Affairs 1
scouse Thunder City to Close!!! Anyone want to buy 3 Buccaneers The Fleet Air Arm 15
soleil Navy Days 2010 Programme Available To Buy Online Bases / Shore Est 0
S Babcock buy out VT Group Current Affairs 5
Seaweed Wanna buy a battleship, one careful owner? Current Affairs 0
WreckerL Wanna buy an aircraft Diamond Lil's 3
NZ_Bootneck Psttt wanna buy a Hurricane mate..Only $4 Million NZ to you! Diamond Lil's 5
M What's your experience? - Do you rent, buy or use SFA? Finance & Pensions 0
Seaweed Psst - Wanna buy a boat? Current Affairs 2
W A link for anyone looking to buy new running shoes Health & Fitness 1
Maxi_77 Want to buy an O boat Current Affairs 7
Jack77 Wanna Buy An O Boat ? International 3
Ninja_Stoker Psst, wanna buy a 'plane? The Fleet Air Arm 5
N Psssst! Wanna buy a SSK Submariners 6
Rhinoback To buy or not to buy... Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 11