i want a picture

Discussion in 'Royal Naval Reserve (RNR)' started by trehorn, Nov 28, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm sorry to add this as a post but how do you add a picture to your profile.

I feel so left out seeing everyone else's picturesn and cartoons next to their name and i have nothing.

I have tried but without success.

2. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Save your picture (or avatar) to a free online photo album such as:

Photobucket

Create a free account, upload your pictures, then in your Rum Ration homepage go to 'Account', then 'Account Tools', then 'My Avatar'. Cut and paste the link to your picture and voila! New identity!

This also works for all other photos/cartoons you want to post in threads, galleries, etc.

Any snags let us know, or send one of the Mods a PM.

3. Sgtpepperband's instruction is fine - if you are familiar with pcs.

If not:

Look at the top left corner of the page – under the heading Main Menu

Click on My Account Tools

Click on My Avatar

If you have a photo saved on your pc click Browse

Whatever you chose be sure it is no more than 6K in size or you will get a message refusing to load the picture

If you aren’t sure if a picture is suitable right click on the picture, select properties and it will tell you the size

Play around loading half a dozen pictures one after another until you find one that best reflects the real you

small steps

4. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Thanks for clarifying my post! :lol:

5. Cheers Shippers, it may take a while to find a photo small enough but i'll give it a go.

6. Try using this. It is well handy... Gets photos down to whatever size you want. Best of all it is free (I'm not Scottish for nothing)

http://www.photosize.com/