I want a green lid.

Discussion in 'The Corps' started by wet_blobby, Apr 28, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Well, that got your attention.

This years Anzac stuff ( I don't like using the word celebration when talking about **** loads of young thrusters getting killed) Was well attended. I wouldn't mind rocking up myself, but, could do with some proper head gear, were do I get a green lid? Not overly bothered by the "walts buy it here" shite because if it's good enough for them then it must be pukka.

Just want to wear a green lid, as awarded, with the globe and buster.

2. My son is a corporal serving in 40 Cdo at the moment, just let me know what size head you take and I'm sure we can sort something out. Won't get any sense out of him for a couple of days because he is at Twickenham for the Army Navy game.

3. Wet blobbys sward is about a size 66 now. Twas a 68 when he had a fine head of hair.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2

4. I was going to say there is a green lid on the jar of pesto in my fridge, just pm me your address and I'll post it.

But it wasn't a walt.

I think!

• Like Like x 1
  5. silverfox

silverfox War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

You mean you haven't kept the original....

• Like Like x 1

6. Blobs - Please delete as appropriate:

"Handed it in at my leaving routine.
    Forgotten where I left it.
    Got lost in NZB's dark cellar
    Those ginagorous NZ forest moths mistook it for foliage & scoffed it
    One of my exs (?? - Gemma93 :wink:) ditched it.
    T'was confiscated by the Customs on my arrival at NZ.
    Loaned to Miss Blobby for fancy dress, who promply swapped it for a much better looking/fitting cerise beret.
    Faded into nonedescript shade light geen under the blaze of the harsh antipodean sunshine.
    Exchanged it long ago for coinage/SM Dolphins/QE2 Jubilee Medal/Carnal gratifications."

...or tell us a more swallowable dit instead, please?

7. Sorted WB, there's a PM for your attention.

8. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

• Like Like x 1
  9. =========================

=========================

WOW!

Finks becomes helpful, Seadogs provides humour & Finks likes a Seadog Post!

All we need now for a complete and happy ending is for Blobs to 'fess up on how he managed to 'misplace' his grand original.

10. ...and for 'Norway Chris' to say something which isn't purely about boosting his own inadequacy-fuelled ego surely?

11. And then Jenny Dabber and her brother turn to for an almighty love in...

12. wet_blobby

The Original was chucked in a dustbin years ago (you can do that to them once you've earn't one) and I had to buy another one, quite a few more if I remember. The Green lid is awarded not issued so if you need another one pusser the tight bastard used to make us buy them. I left the Corps with two,one for best and one for wearing, they were both given away to a mates kids who liked dressing up and playing soldiers, I figured if you're going to play soldiers you might as well be the best dressed kid on the block.

Many thanks to Finks for sorting out my prediciment. :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. And for Norman and all his sock puppets to rant about something else other than two and a halfs!

14. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

15. wet_blobby

One for each personality?

16. Did he get your Alice in Wonderland heels, polka dot dress and fishnet stockings?

17. wet_blobby

Dont be dumb, like I'd give that stuff away.

• Like Like x 1
  18. I concur- you had to work hard to earn that particular ensemble.

The horror