I wanna join Marines but NEED HELP!! TALK TO ME

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by FutureMarine!, Oct 30, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi im 15 now and i have had my heart set on being a royal marine officer since 12. I am aware that i need to get really fit which is ok as i attend gym 4 times a week doing lots or reps of light weights fequently i also am a lance corpral in marine cadets. There is one thing i am nervous about though. I have had a stutter since the age of 9 and its not too bad but i am wondering if this will affect my chances of getting in the marines? would someone please please PLEASE get back to me i need help

2. Have you tried speech therapy?
    Lots of people with a stutter learn to overcome it using one or more of the various methods taught by therapists.
    If the stutter is caused by nerves, for instance, then I am sure that this can be relatively easily overcome :)
    Good luck :)
  3. Hi FM and welcome.

Firstly, have you always had a stutter or has it developed recently? Have you seen a speech therapist at all?

I have a couple of really good civvy friends who are SPs and, at your age, the stutter may be related to confidence, possibly temporary and may not a medical issue that will affect your chances of joining the RM.

For info, you may find that a MOD moves this to the Newbies forum where you will be able to get some excellent advice from the likes of Ninja Stoker.

Best of luck.
  4. thanks matey but i have tried it but it failed to work. I still have my stutter but do u think they wont let me in because of my stutteR??
  5. thanks a lot i think its due to confidence because when i am giving orders i am fine and clear but when i am quartermaster and have to report to colour sgt by myself i relly relly struggle
  6. Copy my post, why don'tya! :roll:
  7. Well m8 im just 16 but my heart goes out to you and all the best.
  8. Just good timing! Looks like you beat me by 4 minutes.