Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I wanna go home

fishhead

War Hero
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40119602
Jack Letts clears off the UK to fight with ISIS when they are winning and now when their fortunes are on the wane he is looking to come home. "I hate IS now" he claims and he wants the UK government try and repatriate him from the Kurdish prison where he currently resides after escaping the clutches of IS.
Should we the UK taxpayers fork out to get this prat home or should we leave him to learn a severe lesson on what happens when you abandon your home country to fight with terrorists?
Finally if a decision is made to try and help him get home what about all the others out there still fighting, will they be slapping in for a travel warrant too?

guns1969

War Hero
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40119602
Jack Letts clears off the UK to fight with ISIS when they are winning and now when their fortunes are on the wane he is looking to come home. "I hate IS now" he claims and he wants the UK government try and repatriate him from the Kurdish prison where he currently resides after escaping the clutches of IS.
Should we the UK taxpayers fork out to get this prat home or should we leave him to learn a severe lesson on what happens when you abandon your home country to fight with terrorists?
Finally if a decision is made to try and help him get home what about all the others out there still fighting, will they be slapping in for a travel warrant too?

Let him and all the others bastards rot out there with the rest of the scum !

Branch-Hopper

War Hero
He now wants the protection of the country he has, effectively, spent time fighting?
And the taxpayer is to assist him in this?
Is it me?

Prad0r

Midshipman
The real sad part is the limitless love a parent has for their child; despite their beliefs and actions.

All they see is the little rugrat they nurtured and raised only to turn into the retardospacamong we all see now

Sumo

War Hero
If some idiot brings it home, do we then, from the tax payer purse, have to keep it on the watch list, just in case it has a mind change again or is a devious barsteward and has no intentions of changing its mind just wants someone to get it out of solitary confinement in a jail in Kurdish-held north-east Syria, cus its not nice.

BillyNoMates

War Hero
Bring him back to mass media coverage a bit like what The Beatles used to get when they landed anywhere.
He'll be as popular as a bagful of ebola.
Should live a short and unfruitful life

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
I saw the anguished parents on the news going on about it, my thoughts were if they were that desperate to get him back, re-mortgage your house and go and get him, otherwise bollocks to the lot of them.

Sumo

War Hero
I saw the anguished parents on the news going on about it, my thoughts were if they were that desperate to get him back, re-mortgage your house and go and get him, otherwise bollocks to the lot of them.
This thread is full of fence sitting twats:eek:

Sumo

War Hero
He has been court by the Kurds and it trying to find a way out of their not to cosy prison, you make your choices you take your chances, looks like he has blown his.

Is this the outcome of over educating idiots?

Seadog

War Hero
What Jihadi Jake needs is The A Team. The Hannibal Smith kind, not his cavity craving gaolers.

Serious head on, serious forum....eventually.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Rumrat Now this I wanna see Diamond Lil's 4
C God... ...a wanna be! Nautical Jokes 0
Seaweed Psst! Wanna buy a dockyard? Current Affairs 11
Seaweed Wanna buy a battleship, one careful owner? Current Affairs 0
WreckerL Wanna buy an aircraft Diamond Lil's 3
NZ_Bootneck Psttt wanna buy a Hurricane mate..Only $4 Million NZ to you! Diamond Lil's 5
Z On behalf of wanna...(regarding 23/07) The Gash Barge 6
H WANNA SINK A SHIP? Gaming 8
Seaweed Psst - Wanna buy a boat? Current Affairs 2
Jack77 Wanna Buy An O Boat ? International 3
S You'm doan wanna be a standin' there Jack Submariners 4
Ninja_Stoker Psst, wanna buy a 'plane? The Fleet Air Arm 5
N Psssst! Wanna buy a SSK Submariners 6
D I wanna be a pop star! Diamond Lil's 0
Oil_Slick Wanna know how much aid we send to Sudan? Current Affairs 42
F I wanna join Marines but NEED HELP!! TALK TO ME Current Affairs 8
wet_blobby PSST....wanna buy a fire engine? Diamond Lil's 10
sgtpepperband Wanna see Paris Hilton going down? Diamond Lil's 22
S ex para (wanna be commando) RMR 10
UncleAlbert I Wanna Smoke Diamond Lil's 21
MoD_RSS Change of journey fees waived for students travelling home for Christmas MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Expanded study tests immune response of care home staff and residents MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Pilot for family members to get regular testing for safer care home visits MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Inspection report published: An inspection of the Home Office’s response to in-country clandestine arrivals (‘lorry drops’) and to irregular migrants MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Inspection report published: An inspection of the Home Office’s use of language services in the asylum process MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Coronavirus (COVID-19): Letter from Kelly Tolhurst to caravan and park home owners MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New guidance to support safe care home visits during lockdown MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Boost for families wishing to build their own home MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Home Office announces tougher criminality rules for EU citizens MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Home Secretary appoints former Chief Constable to support police recruitment MoD News 0
MoD_RSS 54,800 customers claim tax relief for working from home MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Home Secretary and international partners tell tech companies to put child safety first MoD News 0
MoD_RSS More than £1m in refunds secured for care home residents MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Door supervisor with illegal home-made ‘licence’ sentenced to curfew MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Home Office responds to Windrush Lessons Learned Review MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New digital service to improve home energy performance MoD News 0
MoD_RSS US exports drive home success for UK golf trolley manufacturer MoD News 0
soleil FB: HMNB Portsmouth: "HMS Ledbury Returns Home From The Gulf" The Fleet 0
MoD_RSS Home Secretary speech at the Police Superintendents' Association conference MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Online services designed for home movers MoD News 0
MoD_RSS More than half a billion pounds to help people return home from hospital MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Home Office Minister visits London charity supporting Spanish and Portuguese speakers to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New help on offer for disabled people working from home during the pandemic MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Largest home antibody testing programme for COVID-19 publishes findings MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Home Secretary appoints small boat commander MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The IAGCI invites tenders to evaluate the UK Home Office Country Information Products MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Home Secretary sees first-hand the science supporting UK police MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Pride at Home MoD News 0
soleil FB: Royal Naval Benevolent Trust - Go Ahead For RNBT’s Centenary Care Home Project, Admiral Jellicoe House. Charity 2
MoD_RSS Scottish home for Poseidon fleet reaches major milestone MoD News 0