I saw this recently...

Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by jockpopeye, Apr 18, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. jockpopeye

jockpopeye Badgeman Book Reviewer

and found it quite interesting for 5 or 10 minutes as I scoured the maratime traffic around the UK.

ShipAIS - Current AIS map

2. Rivetting! Can't think why its in the Gash Barge=-D

3. I've had it on my computer for a bout a year,it's good and recommended to me by a Merch.Ships captain.
    I like to see what is coming into harbour but here on the Borders not much is trafficking so I switch to Pompey or Sheerness,sometimes Liverpool.
    Sometimes I get pissed at it and wish I was back at sea but it's a good,free,programme for the Maritime

4. It don't seem to cover Dudley Port, perhaps my DO was right when he tore up that particular Drafting Preference.:slow:

5. Out of radar range I think.

6. I love the fact that in the photo gallery there is a ship called HMS Puncture! FFS, did the person who posted that not think to check "Does Puncture sound like a good name for one of Her Majesty's finest?"

7. There was some good names "back in the day". This little beauty was called HMS Drudge at one time.
    hmsdrudge.jpg

8. I think this is actually a pic of a boat belonging to one one of Rum Rations finest.
    Where are you "Standstill"?

9. .
    Painting the coal white at Whale Island

10. [​IMG]

Jesus, I think I may have stumbled on Blackrats medals, they seem to have his name on them, sorry about the Persec.:toothy3: