Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

I sat my RT for CIS (surface fleet) in March 2011, when am I likely to start?

Waiting time bust be getting shorter, I started the process march 2012, was told there was 18 month wait, im due to start my basic training october this year, cissm that is.

Hopefully, though I'm pretty sure the waiting times are shorter for submariner roles than for surface fleet roles.

I applied in October and was told on my exam it was 16 months its been 5 months since so should be about a year for me, however I've been told I could be waiting up to two years

Just got a call from my afco about 10 minutes ago telling me I have a date for February next year, so expect some news soon.

Nice one! I noticed on the Facebook page a few CIS people getting dates. I did my RT March 2011 so hopefully soon. It's definitely not a first come first serve arrangement from what I've seen.

Nice one! I noticed on the Facebook page a few CIS people getting dates. I did my RT March 2011 so hopefully soon. It's definitely not a first come first serve arrangement from what I've seen.

Yeah should maybe give your afco a call and see whats happening. I'm sure it is first come first serve, but dates are given out in blocks of applicants so you will probably get a date very soon. Stay positive!

Jesus wept, really? 10 months away - I can only apologise for the sheer rubbishness of the RN and commend you for maintaining a positive attitude!

Apology accepted ;) I'm a positive person, no point in moaning and whining publicly, when I was told that I would be waiting a good while when I first applied.

Yeah should maybe give your afco a call and see whats happening. I'm sure it is first come first serve, but dates are given out in blocks of applicants so you will probably get a date very soon. Stay positive!

I'll call them up. I don't mind the wait, I was told it would be a while. Perhaps it varies from different AFCO's. I'm at the Bournemouth one.

Latest Threads