Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

I sat my RT for CIS (surface fleet) in March 2011, when am I likely to start?

COLIN_87

Midshipman
I've passed everything, fitness test, medical, selection interview and security check has been completed. I was told when I passed the RT last March the wait is around 24-30 months, is this still correct? I spoke to someone on the Facebook page who did the RT 6 months before me and he has been told he is quite near the top of the list, and the next CIS course is May 2013, which hopefully bodes well for me. Any help or advice would be great, cheers. Colin.

Bet you a tenner that it's somewhere between 2-2.5 years.

Right, I'm going to go back to Lil's and will let someone more helpful give you an answer. Best of luck with everything Colin

Cheers. By the way my recruitment process was like this

October 2010: Applied
March 2011: RT
February 2012 Eye test
March 2012: Medical
April: Fitness test (10:47)
May: Selection interview

Now waiting for PRNC

I spoke to my AFCO yesterday as i had done my RT back in April 2011 and i have completed everything now. They said it was still at 24 months which means so far ive waited 16 months and they said the fact that everything has been completed means i am on track to get a start date between April 2013 and Summer 2013.

It's a CIS Submariner i'm going in as.

Last edited:
Word of advice - if you absolutely must do drugs then use Rumrat's. NJ123's are apparently dodgy.

And Rummers, I don't think I'm quite integrated enough to tell anyone here to **** off. It was more a polite "I believe your AFCO, and I want your money"

Word of advice - if you absolutely must do drugs then use Rumrat's. NJ123's are apparently dodgy.

And Rummers, I don't think I'm quite integrated enough to tell anyone here to **** off. It was more a polite "I believe your AFCO, and I want your money"

We won't need drugs soon, if things don't liven up on RR we'll all fall asleep anyway.
I phone up samaritans now and again to cheer myself up.
The twat at the other end sounds like an undertaker with the blues.

Waiting time bust be getting shorter, I started the process march 2012, was told there was 18 month wait, im due to start my basic training october this year, cissm that is.

Latest Threads