Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I need your help... MSc research

Dear all current serving personnel,

I am currently conducting research on the Armed Forces having left back in 2005 an ex AvTech. My research will evaluate the level commitment with relation to leadership and organisational climate.

I am studying an MSc in Occupational Psychology (studying at the U of Gloucestershire) and thus am looking for willing (only willing) participants to complete a short questionnaire. It is certainly not funded by anyone (although I have used my ELCAS allowance to pay £1000 towards the course). It is purely for my benefit and for the benefit of completing my course!

So little research has been done in this field and with your help I will be contributing to this area.

I also know that the MoD get you to do these things all the time; I can however promise that this has far less questions and will take a whole lot less of your time - and as you will see can't be tracked back to you.

I also promise to keep you all updated with the progress!

Visit http://research.easyurl.net or click the following link Research Link to participate.

Of course you may contact me by email provided on the survey page.

The research does not infringe on the guidelines to be submitted before an MoD ethics committee - in addition however the university required it to pass their ethics board.

The ONLY specific details needed will be asked on the first page which are Gender, Warrant or Commission held and which Service.

Re: Armed Forces Research - Commitment, Leadership and Relations

StixJimboRM said:
Just out of interest, why does the link to the University of Gloucestershire on your 'research' page open up a page that would allow me to make a free survey/form etc???

I for one will NOT be participating, and I have to ask ... are you a journo?

That is where the survey has been hosted (i'm not good enough to develop my own website so I have to use the free service). Even if the logo took you to the UoG page would that eliminate your concerns? So no, I am not a journo, I'm and occ psych in training, currently doing an MSc for which this research will contribute.

Re: Armed Forces Research - Commitment, Leadership and Relat

TO ANY MODERATORS: if you feel that this thread is not to the forum's suitability or liking I would be happy for it to be removed. It is of my utmost intention for this study to not to cause any disruption.

SILVER_FOX

War Hero
I'd like to be able to view the entire questionnaire before I would be prepared to answer any of the questions.

SF

SILVER_FOX said:
I'd like to be able to view the entire questionnaire before I would be prepared to answer any of the questions.

SF

SF, I have PM'ed you regarding your question but realise that I could indeed have added it here as an attachment... The paper version was sent out to HMNB Portsmouth. Please see attached if you would like to see all the questions prior to doing it via http://research.easyurl.net

Goldensky

Midshipman
As well as the ones where I got to slate my superior's management style I particularly liked:

?) Even if the firm were not doing well financially, I would be reluctant to change to another employer
a. No, I strongly disagree
b. No, I disagree quite a lot
c. No, I disagree just a little
d. I’m not sure
e. Yes, I agree just a little
f. Yes, I agree quite a lot
g. Yes, I strongly agree

Good luck with the project, I hope your data supports some statistically bullet-proof conclusions.
Golden

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R I need help sorting my late fathers 6 off 1939-45 medals & 2 off Mention in Dispatches Certificates. History 14
S Need help RFA 4
MoD_RSS Press release: Teachers say parents need help to resist off-rolling pressure MoD News 0
T Need Help Joining from Commonwealth Joining the Royal Navy 6
A Looking to join but need some help/info Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 5
J UK resident, been on a USA scholarship, Need a 'residency waiver' HELP? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
PotentialCT Need a little help organising my exit strategy. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
J Eng 1, appointment made by RFA. Need help! RFA 17
R Need some help for my son Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 19
SONAR-BENDER Coming to Guzz - need help! Diamond Lil's 0
sue@knotical Navy ladies - I need your help The Quarterdeck 11
MrIndeed How similar is the royal navy entrance test example to the real thing? (Also need Help) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 17
joeG need help with preparing for flying aptitude test for AIRCREWMAN position The Fleet Air Arm 2
B Need a little help and actual advice please! UPO 1
Dredd HELP! We need protected! Current Affairs 17
S Past my rt today, need help please ? The Corps 8
craigb302 Newbie to submarine service (hopefully) need help understanding navy pay ? Submariners 16
B Need help RFA 16
Dealwithit Need some help!! RFA 11
O Very Confused,need a lot of help!! AIR ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 32
Passed-over_Loggie Need Help With Your Career in Aviation? Current Affairs 3
S In need of serious help! Submariners 84
R Any supply chain personnel? Need help? The Fleet 1
JonnyAlpha Attempting to Join RMR but need help locating previous service record RMR 4
W I think I need help Diamond Lil's 10
S Copied from USCG post - need help in translation, Norwegian to English..maritime Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
D Need help and advice with job choices Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
K I'm a newbie & need help Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 32
C need help! 845nas 1992-2002 The Fleet Air Arm 12
NotmeChief Need help please Diamond Lil's 2
adamson1693 Need Abit of Help Please... The Fleet 10
Gundulph Argyle need Rum Rations Help! Sports and Adventure Training 5
B need a bit of help- selection interview Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
L thinking of joining need help Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
Guns Calling all Gunners need help with Shell ID History 23
T Need Help on the medical! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
F Help for Heroes - We Need Your Votes! Charity 20
Toast Need SPO course help. Faslane Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1