I need some good advice

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Rosso1y, Jan 21, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey Guys!!
    Here`s my situation..
    Im 17 and in my last year of A-levels and hope to pass my AIB and become an officer.
    My question is if I fail my AIB I will go in the Submarine service as a Rating. But is there a chance for me to gain a commission from there later in my career?? And has this been done???

Also anyone recoment any good branches in the submarine service??

Thanks guys your help is appreciated
  2. Yes it can be done and has been done successfully by many Upperyardsmen,it is better to make sure you pass the AIB first though.
  3. Here's to passing your AIB, but if you dont Engineering Technician (WESM) or ET (MESM) might suit your academic abilities, no offence to dabbers or loggies.
  4. Silly question But what is a upper yardsman?
  5. A rating that applies/gets a commision.
  6. There is a search button on here, all that you have asked has been answered before, why not use your initiative and have a look for it? Before you ask me me why I`m a cantankerous old git.............It`s a fukcing gift.

Are all of you Newbies incapable of thinking for yourself? You want to be an Officer? Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez dream on.
  7. Haha legend!!!
    Reason why is becuase I am NEW to this site and dont know my way around it as much as yourself. Its not a matter of being incapable of thinking for myself its merely a matter of not knowing my way around the site. Now you have mentioned that this question has been answered before I will try and find it however I believe you should loosen up mate.
  8. You really don`t want to see me ` get loose`
  9. From what I hear,25%-30% of the navy's officers have done it.

And apply for ET(MESM) if you fail your AIB, it's what I've applied for :thumright:
  10. Seems like a good reason.
  11. Ah, go on, pleeeease..
  12. There ain't enough laxatives in the World for that. :lol: