I`m off.....I might be gone some time...

This is in site issues er, because it`s a site issue….(“wots up Albert†says crowd)

This is wot it says on the door

Yet when you get inside you`re greeted with more bullshit than in a bootnecks barracks…….
……
Yesterday the dabber did a sticky on RR content …I thought I would have a bit of fun with it and did a spoof…….it didn`t break any rules ..there was no swearing, it was pure tongue in cheek navy humour ……made me laugh ….so I posted it….

It was deleted ….no explation…after about a minute it disappeared….

So I am going to delete myself….I don`t see why I should go to the trouble of writing stuff on here if it`s going to be deleted on a whim….

Goodbye everyone…..

….

fly_past

Lantern Swinger
Dont go. RR needs all the members it can get.

But if you feel miffed, ask the MODs why it was taken off - ask them to explain.

Bonjour!

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Actually is was me that deleted it because:

"I thought I would have a bit of fun with it and saw your spoof…….it didn`t break any rules ..there was no swearing, it was pure tongue in cheek navy humour ……made me laugh ….so I deleted it…."

Sorry mate, I thought you'd find it funny.

Ninja_Stoker said:

"I thought I would have a bit of fun with it and saw your spoof…….it didn`t break any rules ..there was no swearing, it was pure tongue in cheek navy humour ……made me laugh ….so I deleted it…."

HA ha, joke over. Now put it back.

Just a slight query with ref to previous poster comments being 'deleted'.

If the Mod of the forum is happy that a post is to his/her satisfaction and does not contravene (in their estimation) the Site regs - then why does a Mod from another forum delete said post ?

If more posters keep getting teed off with, what some claim as arbitrary deletions with no satisfactory explanation, then this site may well end up being a Mod site only ??

Arrse seems to pootle along quite happily with some very contentious
posts ..... !!

:confused: - but still happy at the mo' :)

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
I can't delete on anything other than Newbies, even if I wanted to, as that's the forum I Moderate.

UA's post on Newbies said- "go on, delete this". So I did.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
In retrospect I made a mistake & apologise if it caused offence.

Just to add we frequently get PM's off people asking us to delete entire threads as they regret starting an alcohol-fuelled rant. We try to use discretion, but mistakes can be made.

(If I see "bullying" by any means, or indeed racism for example, I delete without explanation, as do all Mods on both sites.)

whitemouse said:
Aaaah ! So that's why I'm not a Mod - I shall go and hide for a while ....... :oops:
Considering the number who are Mods these days I consider it to be an honour not to be one, hold your head up high.

whitemouse said:
If more posters keep getting teed off with, what some claim as arbitrary deletions with no satisfactory explanation, then this site may well end up being a Mod site only ??

posts ..... !!

Seeing the vast numbers of MODs on the site I thought it was mainly a MOD only site.
I am suprised Ninja stoker deleted something though as his Moderation is normally extremely good, and besided he has apologised for his action, which makes him a very human MOD indeed

wet_blobby

War Hero
"as they regret starting an alcohol-fuelled rant. " Quote

What on RR....never... :dwarf: ...Not that I've asked....I have many a time cringed in the morning but thought...fcuk it, I wrote it, better stand by it and learn from my mistakes.... :bball:

P.s....How do you do them quote thingys where just the bit you want is in a little box?

editted for being a biff.

LujonSA said:
Ninja_Stoker said:

HA ha, joke over. Now put it back.
I just noticed, I've got a gong. How did that happen??

slim said:
whitemouse said:

posts ..... !!

Seeing the vast numbers of MODs on the site I thought it was mainly a MOD only site.
I am suprised Ninja stoker deleted something though as his Moderation is normally extremely good, and besided he has apologised for his action, which makes him a very human MOD indeed
To be fair Slim most of the new batch of Mods do seem to engage brain before acting

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
OMG - Ninja did not delete UA's post - he made a joke based on UA' comment! It seems the Mod of this thread deleted something of UAs and Ninja has explained that, even though he is a Mod, he cannot delete posts in another thread in which is not a Mod.

Maxi_77 said:
slim said:
whitemouse said:

posts ..... !!

To be fair Slim most of the new batch of Mods do seem to engage brain before acting
Agreed Maxi, in fact I stated it in another post earlier.

http://www.rumration.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=9785.html

The new batch are doing a sterling job, pity about one or two of the old and bold.

slim said:
Maxi_77 said:
slim said:
whitemouse said:

posts ..... !!

Agreed Maxi, in fact I stated it in another post earlier.

http://www.rumration.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=9785.html

The new batch are doing a sterling job, pity about one or two of the old and bold.
Well some of us know where we can go when they piss us off too much.

I go away and come back to being accused of doing something I have no power over.

Unless I get an apology.............I'M THROWING MY TEDDIES AND LEAVING THE SITE.................. :dwarf:

chieftiff

War Hero
Ninja_Stoker said:
Doh! Can you remember what it said mate? you could always patch the thread back together from memory, in fact that might fun! :whew:

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
chieftiff said:
Ninja_Stoker said:
Doh! Can you remember what it said mate? you could always patch the thread back together from memory, in fact that might fun! :whew:
Yep, it said something like Chieftiff & Jenny are complete ars*holes & are not fit to shovel pooh.

Of course I argued that you both, most certainly, are.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Griff9781 Diamond Lil's 34
higthepig Diamond Lil's 4
R094V1-George The Quarterdeck 4