I`m off.....I might be gone some time...

Discussion in 'Site Issues' started by UncleAlbert, Oct 17, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This is in site issues er, because it`s a site issue….(“wots up Albert†says crowd)

This is wot it says on the door

Yet when you get inside you`re greeted with more bullshit than in a bootnecks barracks…….
    Yesterday the dabber did a sticky on RR content …I thought I would have a bit of fun with it and did a spoof…….it didn`t break any rules ..there was no swearing, it was pure tongue in cheek navy humour ……made me laugh ….so I posted it….

It was deleted ….no explation…after about a minute it disappeared….

So I am going to delete myself….I don`t see why I should go to the trouble of writing stuff on here if it`s going to be deleted on a whim….

Goodbye everyone…..

2. Dont go. RR needs all the members it can get.

But if you feel miffed, ask the MODs why it was taken off - ask them to explain.

3. I feel your pain maaan i feel your pain :thumbdown:

i have noticed that sometimes there can be double standards
  4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Actually is was me that deleted it because:

"I thought I would have a bit of fun with it and saw your spoof…….it didn`t break any rules ..there was no swearing, it was pure tongue in cheek navy humour ……made me laugh ….so I deleted it…."

Sorry mate, I thought you'd find it funny.
  5. HA ha, joke over. Now put it back.
  6. Just a slight query with ref to previous poster comments being 'deleted'.

If the Mod of the forum is happy that a post is to his/her satisfaction and does not contravene (in their estimation) the Site regs - then why does a Mod from another forum delete said post ?

If more posters keep getting teed off with, what some claim as arbitrary deletions with no satisfactory explanation, then this site may well end up being a Mod site only ??

Arrse seems to pootle along quite happily with some very contentious
    posts ..... !!

:confused: - but still happy at the mo' :)
  7. Ninja_Stoker

I can't delete on anything other than Newbies, even if I wanted to, as that's the forum I Moderate.

UA's post on Newbies said- "go on, delete this". So I did.
  8. Aaaah ! So that's why I'm not a Mod - I shall go and hide for a while ....... :oops:
  9. Ninja_Stoker

In retrospect I made a mistake & apologise if it caused offence.

Just to add we frequently get PM's off people asking us to delete entire threads as they regret starting an alcohol-fuelled rant. We try to use discretion, but mistakes can be made.

(If I see "bullying" by any means, or indeed racism for example, I delete without explanation, as do all Mods on both sites.)
  10. Considering the number who are Mods these days I consider it to be an honour not to be one, hold your head up high.
  11. Seeing the vast numbers of MODs on the site I thought it was mainly a MOD only site.
    I am suprised Ninja stoker deleted something though as his Moderation is normally extremely good, and besided he has apologised for his action, which makes him a very human MOD indeed
  12. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

"as they regret starting an alcohol-fuelled rant. " Quote

What on RR....never... :dwarf: ...Not that I've asked....I have many a time cringed in the morning but thought...fcuk it, I wrote it, better stand by it and learn from my mistakes.... :bball:

P.s....How do you do them quote thingys where just the bit you want is in a little box?

editted for being a biff.
  13. I just noticed, I've got a gong. How did that happen??
  14. To be fair Slim most of the new batch of Mods do seem to engage brain before acting
  15. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

OMG - Ninja did not delete UA's post - he made a joke based on UA' comment! It seems the Mod of this thread deleted something of UAs and Ninja has explained that, even though he is a Mod, he cannot delete posts in another thread in which is not a Mod.
  16. Agreed Maxi, in fact I stated it in another post earlier.

The new batch are doing a sterling job, pity about one or two of the old and bold.
  17. Well some of us know where we can go when they piss us off too much.
  18. I go away and come back to being accused of doing something I have no power over.

Unless I get an apology.............I'M THROWING MY TEDDIES AND LEAVING THE SITE.................. :dwarf:
  19. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

Doh! Can you remember what it said mate? you could always patch the thread back together from memory, in fact that might fun! :whew:
  20. Ninja_Stoker

Yep, it said something like Chieftiff & Jenny are complete ars*holes & are not fit to shovel pooh.

Of course I argued that you both, most certainly, are.