I just don't get those defending the "Joint" F-35 concept

The RAF hate JHC by all accounts.
It's not hated. However, there's certainly a degree of frustration that once JHC placed RAF and RN Battlefield Helicopters under Land financial control, the wider Army reduced funding for these rotary assets.

Regards,
MM

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

Last edited:

instinct

Lantern Swinger
It's not hated. However, there's certainly a degree of frustration that once JHC placed RAF and RN Battlefield Helicopters under Land financial control, the wider Army reduced funding for these rotary assets.

Regards,
MM

Then blamed the RAF in the media for not enough helicopters!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Navy Net - Rum Ration mobile app

I say scrap the overheads and make us all into the UK Defence Force. Who gives a **** who flies the f***ing jets as long as they drop the bombs in the right place and shoot down the bad guys.

That said, I'm off to the New Zealand Defence Force so you can continue with your single service back stabbing and ensure that the UK ends up with lots of Flag / General / Air Officers and no equipment in the long run.

That said, I'm off to the New Zealand Defence Force so you can continue with your single service back stabbing and ensure that the UK ends up with lots of Flag / General / Air Officers and no equipment in the long run.
Well that didn't sound bitter at all.

Mind and come back soon to tell us the colour of the grass there.

G

guestm

Let's be realistic, probably a hell of a lot greener!

I doubt it. I know three who went over, one as a Warfare Officer, two as PO Dabbers. Two of them good can-do blokes, one a bit of a rod. All three came back to the UK at the first opportunity. Others may know people who have had a bit more success but that's not a great ratio.

Edited to add: here's one of them explaining his experience. Kind of: http://www.navy-net.co.uk/quarterdeck/52027-thinking-about-joining-rnzn.html

Latest Threads