I have just applied for rfa

Discussion in 'RFA' started by benyboy98, Jan 16, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have just applied and sent an application to become an marine cadet engineer and what wondering what are the processes before getting in (that's if I get in)

What are stages, I know you have to go for interviews and have some tests. Also when will I take to fitness test as well?

Another thing is after I have joined where do I go on from there, I'm nearly 16 and would like someone who has already applied and knows how it works and what are the stages to answer plz

Thank you

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

2. Nice one, hope it works out well for you. The stages of applying are:

1. Call RFA hotline to determine eligibility to apply

2. Receive application pack, fill it in and post it off.

3. If your application passes a paper sift, be invited to take the Royal Navy Recruit Test (RT) at an Armed Forces Careers Office (AFCO) near you. You sit the test, leave and the AFCO will pass on your score to RFA recruiting, you do not find out this score.

4. If RT is passed you will be invited down to Portsmouth for a sift interview with RFA recruiting where they will assess your suitability for a cadetship and whether to put you forward for the Admiralty Interview Board (AIB).

5. AIB. Three days of Officer Selection to look forward too and it as at this point you will have a fitness test. You complete the bleep test which is scored by age and gender. There is no pass mark for the RFA but you are assessed on effort. You will be told whether you have passed or failed the AIB at the end of the three days but if you pass it doesn't mean you have a cadetship.

6. Conditional offer of a job from the RFA subject to a few things namely: getting an MCA ENG1 medical with no limitations; a security check; innoculations and getting a discharge book.

7. Once all the paperwork is in and clearance given, the RFA will make you a formal offer and send you your contract. It's a condition of employment that you attend a two month course at BRNC Dartmouth. These currently run twice a year in September and May.

Presuming you make it that far, once BRNC is a mere memory you will start the civilian phase of your training at Fleetwood Nautical College to study for a HND. This will take slightly longer than three years.

Hope this helps, any more questions just ask :)

3. I filled in my application online. Is that the same as what they send you though the post? If so how long normally will it take to hear from them

4. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

5. Page won't open

6. exJenny

If you went via the navy website you have just raised an enquiry with recruitment. They will give you a bell in the near future and if suitable for the job you want then you'll get an application pack sent to you.

Just the thoughts of a blonde ex wren

7. So I need to ring them to get a proper application form sent to me

8. exJenny

Probably quicker.

9. Ok but I have filled out a form on the internet are they both exactly the same or not

10. exJenny

You can wait for them to get in touch then.

Up to you. I did the online form and rang them as well.

11. Okay I will ring them

12. See point 1 on my detailed reply to you...

13. No, they are not the same - see part 2 of my reply to your initial question

14. Someone's tired...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

15. How so? Should I have rolled them into one reply? Tired no. Frustrated, yes.

16. I'm only pulling your chain, now go pay some tax!

17. Ok but only if you practice your pink chino wearing

18. Hopefully get some today!

19. Please do let me see a photograph. I suggest teaming it up with a pastel yellow polo shirt for that dressed down weekend look. Brown brogues are also a must.