Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I Fecking Love Dogs Me

Biker Buster

Lantern Swinger
Rescue Dogs? Sources have dried up around these parts - Now rarer than a friendly french fisherman & his frog-eyed fat fishwife fallen in in front of a Falmouth foreshore fish'n'Chip facility...

Romania is the new source, strays/unwanted dogs there are collected and most killed within a very short time so a UK outfit arranges same sort of checks & hoops & chippings that a potential rescue-ee would have been subject to. Likewise, the dogs sorted for rescuing are given the same shots & matching paperwork that one would expect from a UK Rescue Centre.

Every so often a Brit vehicle drives over & collects the latest a batch o' dogs, each in their individual cage, then tours the country delivering them to the new owner's doorstep. Next door neighbours received theirs three weeks ago - One of a set of pups born approx. 6 months ago: A black hybrid - Apparently partly Lab. but with a Spaniel's dangly ears and a cool pure white chest area. Cute wee critter, too.
Our came from the Romanian rescue. Tried for months with dogs trust and sspca. We were deemed unsuitable even though we have a massive flat 1.5 acres of garden (25% completely enclosed). So we went to the romanian rescue instead.
I was really pissed off because these uk charities are always screaming out for good homes, we have a perfect one but seemingly not good enough for them.
What chance have these poor animals got.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Same here in Canada.....dogs available for adoption are like hen's teeth.....covid has encouraged many to adopt as they are at home all day, WFH etc. If and when things get back to normal I hope people don't get fed up with their new pet. Time will tell!

Biker Buster

Lantern Swinger
Yeah I did say to the chancellor to wait until the pandemic is by, because I think the 'market' will be flooded with homeless pooches

Taztiff

War Hero
Yeah I did say to the chancellor to wait until the pandemic is by, because I think the 'market' will be flooded with homeless pooches

We have thought the same, we lost our rescue lab 2 years ago and contemplated getting a puppy to raise. 1 pandemic later and the price of lab puppies has sky rocketed.
Mrs T doesn't work so has time to spare with a puppy / rescue dog.
Doesn't speak Romanian though.....

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
I want to reply to quite a few of these posts.

We currently have 2 rescue dogs and when the time comes, will get another. We also have a couple of cats and have been 'adopted' by another half dozen or so recently. We are in the middle of nowhere, so I have no idea where they are coming from. One is a HUGE gorgeous long haired ginger thing - one of the largest cats I have ever seen and is as tame as a tame thing - very puzzling.

There are a couple of local charities here that re-home dogs, fully chipped and passported etc, predominately to Holland and Germany.

Dredd

War Hero
Super Moderator
Our came from the Romanian rescue. Tried for months with dogs trust and sspca. We were deemed unsuitable even though we have a massive flat 1.5 acres of garden (25% completely enclosed). So we went to the romanian rescue instead.
I was really pissed off because these uk charities are always screaming out for good homes, we have a perfect one but seemingly not good enough for them.
What chance have these poor animals got.

Looking at this charity as an option.

How old was your dog and what was the temperament like?

Biker Buster

Lantern Swinger
Absolutely fantastic!
He is a 3-4 year old lab cross.
In the house he is a gentle and calm as you would ever want. Outside however, he is still on the lead because he doesn't respond to any verbal commands. This will soon be sorted as we have booked lessons ... for him and us!
The Romanian rescue outfit were excellent, they screened us fully, which included a lengthy video interview, a video tour of the home and grounds, they also take into account your current situations. Such as, your own health conditions, if you have a cat or other pets, even what wildlife you are likely to encounter.
As far as I can see. SSPCA and Dogs Trust could learn from these people.
In a nutshell, great people with a great ethos.

guns1969

War Hero
Rescue Dogs? Sources have dried up around these parts - Now rarer than a friendly french fisherman & his frog-eyed fat fishwife fallen in in front of a Falmouth foreshore fish'n'Chip facility...

Romania is the new source, strays/unwanted dogs there are collected and most killed within a very short time so a UK outfit arranges same sort of checks & hoops & chippings that a potential rescue-ee would have been subject to. Likewise, the dogs sorted for rescuing are given the same shots & matching paperwork that one would expect from a UK Rescue Centre.

Every so often a Brit vehicle drives over & collects the latest a batch o' dogs, each in their individual cage, then tours the country delivering them to the new owner's doorstep. Next door neighbours received theirs three weeks ago - One of a set of pups born approx. 6 months ago: A black hybrid - Apparently partly Lab. but with a Spaniel's dangly ears and a cool pure white chest area. Cute wee critter, too.
When I was living in the Czech Rep., I travelled around Romania and was distressed to see that many car drivers went out of their way to attempt to kill or maim stray dogs. It seemed to be accepted as the norm in the way of life. Just shows the mentality of some people.

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
From my Mate, as I say he has rehomed three dogs from these people.........

There is a Facebook group called Balkan Underdogs , we started by registering with them and took it from there. I think the lady we dealt with was called Jelina, but there is no specific person, they are a charity group. Our dealings were brilliant, they sent someone to check out us and our home before we were allowed to commit, and then our plenty of advice and communication right through the process. They are still in touch with us 4 years later! Excellent charity doing a fab job.

(3) Balkan Underdogs | Facebook

Aa

Biker Buster

Lantern Swinger

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S What a Fecking Morning! Miscellaneous 9
smeeg Fecking stranded. The Quarterdeck 18
R12_CV Fecking Major is a WALT!! The Gash Barge 9
MoD_RSS Public love for nature during Covid-19 highlighted by new survey MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Love Culture Week as part of Enjoy Summer Safely MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Recovered appeal: land at Love Lane, Woolwich (ref: 3233519 - 3 June 2020) MoD News 0
soleil FB: SSAFA, The Armed Forces Charity - With Love From RNAS Yeovilton The Fleet Air Arm 1
MoD_RSS Major campaign launched to encourage the nation to ‘Love Water’ MoD News 0
MoD_RSS 10 things to love about us MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Asia’s newfound love for British cheese MoD News 0
Sumo Eurovision Love it or hate it Diamond Lil's 17
MoD_RSS Press release: Gloucestershire school children learning to love nature with help from the Environment Agency MoD News 0
soleil Forces Network: "Why We Love The Spitfire: Cinema Film Explores Her Place In Our Hearts" History 0
MoD_RSS News story: Dstl experts decode the science behind falling in love MoD News 0
mitch in the north I LOVE ALCOHOL BLACKOUTS ME!! Diamond Lil's 0
BillyNoMates I feckin' love guillotines me. Diamond Lil's 1
BillyNoMates I Feckin' Love Stick Insects Me. Diamond Lil's 17
Waspie I love BST Diamond Lil's 0
finknottle Tories;don't you just love them! The Gash Barge 57
soleil Mail: "Sea Of Love: Royal Navy Crew Spell Out Valentine's Message On The Deck" The Fleet 4
soleil Mail: Gov Refuses To Axe Dickensian Rules Forcing Army Widows To Choose Love/Pension Finance & Pensions 28
scouse All the nice girls love a sailor Diamond Lil's 0
Bad CO Are you in the market for love ..... Nearest & Dearest 0
soleil ITV: "Royal Navy Sends Message Of Love Home On Valentine's Day" The Fleet 3
Naval_Gazer For those who love loud bangs Current Affairs 3
Naval_Gazer For those who love loud bangs The Fleet 0
BillyNoMates Mr & Mrs Monkey. (It must be love) Diamond Lil's 2
BillyNoMates A romantic love song. Diamond Lil's 0
soleil BBC: "RNAS Yeovilton's 'Love' For Outgoing Sea Kings" The Fleet Air Arm 12
bikerman Love the name Diamond Lil's 5
sgtpepperband Why People Love France Diamond Lil's 40
trelawney126 Love Juice The Gash Barge 0
Bergen Women - Gotta Love Them Diamond Lil's 7
sgtpepperband NMC's Love Song to NelliesWellies The Internet - Best and Worst 2
soleil Pompey News: "Tell Us Why You Love Portsmouth And Be Entered Into A Prize Draw" Bases / Shore Est 13
C Love juice Diamond Lil's 0
D Love Dress Miscellaneous 0
T It's old but I love it Miscellaneous 0
T It's old but I love it Miscellaneous 0
A Love those nuns Miscellaneous 0
soleil ThisIsSomerset: "Lynx Effect Sparked Love Of Helicopters" The Fleet Air Arm 0
soleil Navy News: "Love Me Tenners At Devonport Variety Night" Bases / Shore Est 0
Alfacharlie Things I Love!! Diamond Lil's 64
G I fcuking love Bear Grylls. Diamond Lil's 74
Stirling Don't you just love these.... Diamond Lil's 12
stan_the_man he he love the cnut Diamond Lil's 0
2_deck_dash People you would love to decapitate with a shovel. Diamond Lil's 255
seenoffteefcuk reasons to love the sun Diamond Lil's 8
scouse Love song classics Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 47
The_Jimmy Mens Health Love in the slow lane Diamond Lil's 14