I expect this will go down like a cup of cold sick...

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by fails_as_is, Dec 2, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. fails_as_is

fails_as_is Badgeman Book Reviewer

2. Purple_twiglet

Purple_twiglet War Hero Moderator

Actually all three services were given the option, but each one is implementing it differently.

Its a means of getting people to take time off, and also save a bit of money into the bargain.

Only HM Forces could whinge about getting extra leave.
  3. fails_as_is

fails_as_is Badgeman Book Reviewer

Just the article stated that the RN and RAF were not affected, slightly unfair I thought.
  4. Well we've got 3 weeks xmas leave to drive down our leave totals due to busy year we've had. Next year will be the same

Every turn of the shaft is a new adventure. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. The rider to this was it would save on utility bills, will the last man to leave turn off the light, and the gas, and the tap
  6. Sounds like a great idea for me ..... I'll be *working from home*!!
  7. Anyone know if we're getting it too? IE just throwing another 5 days ALA onto the leave card to take when you can? Seems a bit unfair to give just to the Army when all 3 services contributed to those extraneous events this year.

Not that I care, I've got Christmas duty to look forward to.
  8. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

Everybody was given 2 extra days ILA, trust me, check your JPA. This is a non story, 3 weeks instead of 2, still comes off leave totals.
  9. Those 2 were for the additional Jubilee holidays. Now another 5 for the Army only it seems.
  10. wave_dodger

wave_dodger War Hero Book Reviewer

No, we've all got it. Your JPA account should have been uplifted around end of Oct. I'm in a Tri Service unit and we've all got it.
  11. Our skipper gave us extra 5 ILA for the Olympics which we took during the stand down but our extra xmas week is just to drive leave down no other reason

Every turn of the shaft is a new adventure. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. Guys you have sooo much to learn, 3 weeks leave in civvy street fcukin dream on!!! just jealous
  13. There is no way that any of us in seagoing units will be able to take any extra leave. We're struggling to get the lads away for their standard entitlement never mind anything else.
  14. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

...and there are plenty of people who have been granted the extra leave who made no contribution to Op OLYMPICS, so it's "Life in a blue one". Nobody dips out; some just dip in more than others! :wink:
  15. In other words situation normal.
  16. tiddlyoggy

Handler, yes. As I said earlier in this thread, it's a non story really.
  17. tiddlyoggy

Just had a conversation in the office, 2SL has issued a Galaxy brief, which I have not yet seen, that states that the army and the crabs were indeed given5 extra days leave. We are not being given them because we don't have time to take our normal ILA. I've gone from not being bothered at all by this story to being absolutely staggered by that development.
  18. Wait until there is official confirmation that it is not true before you believe it....
  19. tiddlyoggy

Is a Galaxy brief not be considered as official then?
  20. You said you hadn't seen it yet so surely it is all just gossip until you see it in print (or until it is officially denied!!!!)