Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I expect this will go down like a cup of cold sick...

Purple_twiglet

War Hero
Actually all three services were given the option, but each one is implementing it differently.

Its a means of getting people to take time off, and also save a bit of money into the bargain.

Only HM Forces could whinge about getting extra leave.

fails_as_is

Lantern Swinger
Book Reviewer
Just the article stated that the RN and RAF were not affected, slightly unfair I thought.

tommo

War Hero
Well we've got 3 weeks xmas leave to drive down our leave totals due to busy year we've had. Next year will be the same

Every turn of the shaft is a new adventure. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sharkey

Banned
The rider to this was it would save on utility bills, will the last man to leave turn off the light, and the gas, and the tap

TheCommunicator

Lantern Swinger
Anyone know if we're getting it too? IE just throwing another 5 days ALA onto the leave card to take when you can? Seems a bit unfair to give just to the Army when all 3 services contributed to those extraneous events this year.

Not that I care, I've got Christmas duty to look forward to.

tiddlyoggy

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Everybody was given 2 extra days ILA, trust me, check your JPA. This is a non story, 3 weeks instead of 2, still comes off leave totals.

tommo

War Hero
Our skipper gave us extra 5 ILA for the Olympics which we took during the stand down but our extra xmas week is just to drive leave down no other reason

Every turn of the shaft is a new adventure. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is no way that any of us in seagoing units will be able to take any extra leave. We're struggling to get the lads away for their standard entitlement never mind anything else.

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
...and there are plenty of people who have been granted the extra leave who made no contribution to Op OLYMPICS, so it's "Life in a blue one". Nobody dips out; some just dip in more than others! :wink:

tiddlyoggy

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Just had a conversation in the office, 2SL has issued a Galaxy brief, which I have not yet seen, that states that the army and the crabs were indeed given5 extra days leave. We are not being given them because we don't have time to take our normal ILA. I've gone from not being bothered at all by this story to being absolutely staggered by that development.

broadside

War Hero
Just had a conversation in the office, 2SL has issued a Galaxy brief, which I have not yet seen, that states that the army and the crabs were indeed given5 extra days leave. We are not being given them because we don't have time to take our normal ILA. I've gone from not being bothered at all by this story to being absolutely staggered by that development.

Wait until there is official confirmation that it is not true before you believe it....

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Triage Call - What To Expect? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
K Passed medical, what is next and how long should I expect before intake? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
K What to expect from the RFA? RFA 8
MoD_RSS Fiona Dickie tells tenants what to expect when they request MRO MoD News 0
A Filter Interview coming up... What to expect? Joining the Royal Navy 0
S What can I expect day to day? RFA 39
MoD_RSS Press release: Video released to help victims understand what to expect during the parole process MoD News 0
Maxpowers How long after PJFT can I expect an entry date Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 45
N What to expect from POV visit? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
C [ UGAS MESM] Eligibility Call tomorrow, what can I expect? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
L.L1878 PRNC MOD CALEDONIA May 2018. What to expect Joining the Royal Navy 18
Bad CO Upgrade Beginning - Expect Disruption! Site Issues 5
R How long should I expect to wait for my start date? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
Subadubdub PRNC & what to expect. Joining the Royal Navy 39
W What to expect from the interview? RFA 24
N What am i to expect as an engineer apprentice. RFA 50
TairyHesticles AET - what to expect? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
M Cold calling on the Recruitment Office. What can you expect. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
K Medical, what should I expect? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 19
Y RNP Aquaint - What to expect? Bases / Shore Est 23
dirtyweeally Initial Careers Presentation, what to expect? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
Stirling Ladies We Admire: expect robust mod action The Quarterdeck 153
M Air observer officer- what should i expect? The Fleet Air Arm 36
B What would you expect? Health & Fitness 6
Jammydodger URNU Medical, what to expect? Health & Fitness 3
A PRNC and what to expect. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
Rumrat What does England expect from the commonwealth Games? Diamond Lil's 16
Passed-over_Loggie Should a Pal Expect Unlimited Help? Health & Fitness 17
P hair cuts and what to expect? The Gash Barge 25
K FFS, you expect it from the civvie press but the MOD website Current Affairs 24
T What to expect to witness at sea....... Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 29
T tips on what to expect Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
N Drafted on to Ship. What can I expect? The Corps 32
creddly Wow, didn't expect there to be a gaming board on here. Gaming 32
U AIB cancelations - How long do they expect people to wait? Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 1
M First 48 hours at BRNC, what to expect? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 29
MoD_RSS Ministry of Defence Police clamp down on illegal activity and keep the training estate safe in the south east MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Environment Agency shuts down illegal waste site MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Property investment companies shut down after misappropriating £2.85m MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Reforms to Companies House to clamp down on fraud and give businesses greater confidence in transactions MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Foreign Secretary statement on Prime Minister Abe stepping down MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Rogue emergency services publisher shut down MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Tougher fines ahead of Bank Holiday to crack down on illegal gatherings MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Futuristic ‘village’ concept launches at Worthy Down Station MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The fighting chance: breaking down barriers to veteran’s well-being MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Funding boost to crack down on the Illegal Wildlife Trade in Guatemala and Mexico MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New anti-bullying helpline to clamp down on poor behaviour in the military MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Car parking investment companies shut down in court MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Online cryptocurrency trading platform shut down by courts MoD News 1
MoD_RSS Cabinet Secretary to stand down MoD News 0