Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

I dont miss him

Just came back to this after nearly a year, some of the comments made me laugh. Unfortunately they don't seem to make OMO anymore... Pity, lol. Situation is still pretty much the same, I did let him know that when he's at work he's in the navy and can faff around all he wants, but at hone he is husband and dad. He is more than capable of joining in with the mundane civvyness of home life , he needs to realise that, no, he will not get a heros welcome for going to the pub with the lads.
When he's deployed, I worry and fret and am genuinely pleased he is still alive but if he just trundles home after being on base all week (live off base) from, in his words "fannying about doing shit" then he can sure as hell fanny around doing shit at home too. I'm just not gooey eyed as other spouses, too long at this game.
Don't get me wrong this is not a dis on the navy or even married to the navy, but more of a moan about inconsideration. I've done my share of driving cross country to sit and cheer in draughty outside benches, flag waving, cheering. Fretting and all the other highs and lows of supporting my navy husband. Its my turn for the cheering section.
Just saying......

Trade him in for a sundodger. We take courses in domesticity, and are highly skilled in all aspects of household maintenance, dhobying, cooking and sprog management. :D

Trade him in for a sundodger. We take courses in domesticity, and are highly skilled in all aspects of household maintenance, dhobying, cooking and sprog management. :D

@skyvet I don’t think how to flush SLOP, SAN, SEW; How to fix the dhobying machine and tumble dryer, so we don’t smell so bad and looking after sprog Part3’s is what this lady is after, as for cooking leave that to the Galley slaves.

Submariners deodorant WD40.

0091282-1.jpg
Love the smell of Diesel in the morning!

Sounds like you've tied yourself up to a right selfish tosser.
But there's usually two sides to every story. As you say you are a professional in your own occupation and good for you, so obviously you are ambitious and strong willed.
Is he really so much of an asshole or is he just invading your well ordered settled lifestyle? If he is the jerk that you describe then feck him off, but think carefully before you do, will life without him be what you really want?

Latest Threads