I don't give a fuck for the killick of the watch

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by plumduff, Sep 30, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Do sailors today still sing such ditties as==== I don't give a fuck for the killick of the watch or the Chief of the working party
    I'm off ashore with a Pompey whore==I'm Jack me fuckin' hearty---
    Or are they mostly concerned that Raleigh has run out of their preferred Hair Lightening Gel

2. PD are you stalking me - want my medals, listen to my dits, buy my cap tallies??? or a portion of my very well earned pension (including a war disability) what a cock. Still in life one learns a certain amount of toleration for the "strange ones in society"

3. Re: I don't give a * for the killick of the watch

No, the female ratings sing 'I kissed a girl' as performed by Katy Perry and the male ratings sing 'It's raining men' as done by the Weather Girls.
    Google them so you can get a download for your iPod.

4. Re: I don't give a * for the killick of the watch

Never realised you Kiwis were so up to date NZB . :bball: . :thumright:

5. Re: I don't give a * for the killick of the watch

I quite often hum a shanty to myself in the Force Ops Room, the more senior bods smile to themselves and the kids think I am going slowly mad....maybe I am. Anyway I was taught it was "I don't give a toss for the Jimmy or the Joss or the Killick of the messdeck party, its half past four and I'm going ashore 'cause I'm a Jack me hearty"

6. Re: I don't give a * for the killick of the watch

I often find myself humming the tune that had the words "I love my mother-in-law, she is a ......". Strange because she has been dead for over eight years and I actually liked the old trout.

7. Re: I don't give a * for the killick of the watch

Just for you PD:

Funny little fellow,
    Wears his sister's clothes.
    We don't know what to call him,
    But we think he's one of those.

Jerry

8. Re: I don't give a * for the killick of the watch

I have been singing them all weekend at a reunion.songs like Aladdin sylvest good morning chief etc the lot till i was hoarse =)

9. Re: I don't give a * for the killick of the watch

Even our sheep have iPods. :thumright:
    I had to endure that for a week in the car, as it was the 'chanson de jour' for Miss NZB.
    She's moved on to Hannah Montana now...oh deep joy! :pukel:

10. Re: I don't give a * for the killick of the watch

When I was Deps on the pre-collision-with-Oz-Nottingham, the CWEM(R) and I produced the definitive Nottingham RFC songbook which included all the classics:
    "I'm on the top of the bridge wings..."
    "I wonder, I wonder, if the jossman made a blunder..."
    "Pardon me Chief, we're closing down to ZA..."
    "One night in gay Paris (pronounced Parreeeeee)" - otherwise known as the Mother in Law song-my fave.
    "Alladin"
    etc etc etc.
    Mrs DE binned it when we moved.
    If you're out there, Chewy, got any spares?