I cannot find my Dad !!!

Hi everyone

I am seeking some expert advice. My Dad served in the FAA during WW2, trained as a mechanic. He's been gone 20 years now so I cannot ask him or my Mum. I have searched on Ancestry.Com and Forces Records but I cannot find any traceof his FAA service anywhere. I have photo of him in his Naval uniform but no trace of him anywhere. Does anyone have any suggestions where I could find out ? I personally reckon that he spent WW2 hiding in my Nan's loft. His name was Ronald Charles Jauncey , born 27/12/1926. Thanks in anticipation

soleil

War Hero
PS The reason you can't see his service record on sites like Ancestry is that the MoD only made available to them service records for the period up to the early 1920s. Anything later is still held by the MoD.

Union Jack

Midshipman
Hi everyone

I am seeking some expert advice. My Dad served in the FAA during WW2, trained as a mechanic. He's been gone 20 years now so I cannot ask him or my Mum. I have searched on Ancestry.Com and Forces Records but I cannot find any traceof his FAA service anywhere. I have photo of him in his Naval uniform but no trace of him anywhere. Does anyone have any suggestions where I could find out ? I personally reckon that he spent WW2 hiding in my Nan's loft. His name was Ronald Charles Jauncey , born 27/12/1926. Thanks in anticipation
Soleil is on the money but, before you slap in, it would be worth checking whether your father's date of birth was 27 Dec 26 as above or 29 Dec 25 as specified in your previous quest at https://www.navy-net.co.uk/community/threads/trying-to-find-my-dad.71292/

Once you have your answer from Whaley, you would also be in a position to find out about any medal entitlement.

Jack