I Cannot believe this!

Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by jesse, Feb 2, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I honestly cannot believe this! There is a place In New Jersey U.S.A. Called; wait for it Gobblers knob.
  2. Is that you Victor Meldrew? Is this me?
  3. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

And just what were you googling to find that then? :wink:
  4. Could have been worse and found the place in NZ called Shagging Ewe. :wink:
  5. :oops: Had a gangway messdeck on the Hermes, where the stokers had to do regular fuel/dip checks, in the middle watch. One of them was raving nosh :roll: :roll: He called the mess deck" Gobblers Gulch" LOL :roll:
  6. That was quite a common epithet in the '50s. we had one on the Bulwark (1st commish). Port side broadside mess with 80 bunks, burma road in the centre between the lockers, then the Booties' barracks on the starb'd side.
    One little section of six bunks had three of our limp wristed shipmates in it.
    Very busy!

7. Gobblers Knob is where they hold a special Ground Hog Day celebration and Sid the pig predicts the weather.(13000 people came to witness it this year)

I came on this earth with nothing, I'm doing well I still have it if I can find it.
  8. See you got all the good drafts then Scouse......looks like I dipped out during my time. :lol: :thumbright:
  9. Thought his name was Phil?
  10. :lol: :lol: nice one 42 :wink: :wink: got you Thingy and Sussex2 a peir head jump :wink: To Hms Hermes Gobblers Gulch mess :roll: :wink: :wink: :D :D
  11. Thought t'was time I raised my head above the parapet. :wink: I'll collect my draft chit later :lol:
  12. Yippeeeeeeeeeee, the birthplace of Nails has finally been found. ;-)
  13. Will you be my sea dad Scousey? :p
  14. Getting back on topic.......

I'm amazed all you matelots haven't stayed in the small French village of PUSSY....

Somewhere for a future inland run ashore! :lol:

Here's a man holding a pussy....... :twisted:

15. There's a farm on the North Yorkshire Moors called Bell End Farm.
  16. Feck sake, blow job at sea best place either Stwds Mess or the Wardrom - never ever trust an unmarried Lt Cdr or above and never go to the Boat Show with them - oops think I might have put too much info on this thread.
  17. And a village in Germany called Fuc-king (negative "-"). Graeme Norton made a prank call to the tourist information office nearby for more info.

Edit: To avoid word censor.
  18. :?
    Well I actually did get a pier head jump onto the Hermes during a bit of nastiness between the Greeks and the Turks. And, I have had a jump with a peer. Is that the same kind of thing :dontknow: