Civvie dad

Midshipman
A couple of months back my young fella couldn’t run , jog yes but not run , fit as a butchers dog through Thai boxing but just couldn’t run , he tried the 1.5mile as soon as he applied and it took him 20 something min , kept stopping due to no interest in running , we had a brew he had a little chat with himself 6 weeks later he’s under 10min ready for his pjft , as has been said 80% of it is the grit just to push yourself , every time you feel like stopping just ask yourself if you really want to stop or do want to get the job you want and do just 1more each time and it’ll come, just temper there’s little satisfaction from a easy life when your young , good luck it’ll come and you’ll look back thinking what was I playing at

Civvie dad

Midshipman
A couple of months back my young fella couldn’t run , jog yes but not run , fit as a butchers dog through Thai boxing but just couldn’t run , he tried the 1.5mile as soon as he applied and it took him 20 something min , kept stopping due to no interest in running , we had a brew he had a little chat with himself 6 weeks later he’s under 10min ready for his pjft , as has been said 80% of it is the grit just to push yourself , every time you feel like stopping just ask yourself if you really want to stop or do want to get the job you want and do just 1more each time and it’ll come, just temper there’s little satisfaction from a easy life when your young , good luck it’ll come and you’ll look back thinking what was I playing at
And as you can tell I’m getting a bit doddery as I’ve just noticed the date of the original post,

Civvie dad

Midshipman
Well at least it’s now been noticed I’m a dosy old @“&£ and when I post they are to be ignored (mostly) but since the boy applied between all the messing there’s been a decent chunk of information ( all be it personal opinions)gained off here , so thanks