I AM NEW

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by TopGunSeal, Nov 7, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello everybody,
    i am new to this site and would like assistance with getting in the Royal Marine Seal team i have seen television last night and saw a film called Navy Seals so i want to be one and do what they do. i like rambo too and anything like that i want to be, i will be able to do it i can run a few hundred meters and do 10 push ups and 2 pull ups, how do i get in?
    and after i do that i want to do something like spooks do like a spy for cia or mi5 or something can you please help me people

2. Please God tell me you are taking the P.... :thumright:

3. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

Hello TGS and welcome to the site, Navy Seal in the RN is a very specialized field and most people aren't aware that it's actually part of the stewards branch. My top tip would be to pop into your nearest careers office ask for a Royal Marine recruiter, tell him you'd like to be a steward and be sure to wink at him. He'll understand and give you the advice you so badly need.

Hope that helps.

4. Fnarr fnarr :thumright: :dwarf:

5. thankyou for your replys
    i get it you are a steward/chef undercover like steven seagal in under seige and then when the ship is under attack i can rip the stupid unyform off and under it you have a big fat shotgun to shoot the bad guys with a belt full of shotgun shels, and start putting microwave bombs on and things.
    so if i went to somewhere that is for navy i can straight away go to camp and go to iraq and things it sounds really really good

6. will they teach me that karate stuff as well? i always have wanted to do that as well and have top command to tell me what to do as im the one and only best?

7. Yer they do all that, and more :p

8. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

They have their own special martial art, fell-a-tio. I'm sure you'd pick it up straight away so don't worry.

9. Not only will they teach you all you are asking but as a navy steward you will also be taught the art of Origami and more importantly the art of napkin folding. Though your lips may be sealed your anus certainly ill not be. Some occifers will attempt to insert objects, play along with their game and promotion will be yours.

10. ...and after about a week or two you will probably be looking like this:

[​IMG]

11. oh my god this sounds a really good thing and what is the pay like? not that i will need it with all the things they will give me, i would like to be like a navy seal marine paratrooper delta force man in one i will be able to do it and have allsorts of guns to shoot and kill people, i saw black hawk down and a man says that he joined because he wants to kick some ass, shall i say the same when i go to the seal camp?

12. :rofl: Quality!

13. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

CT you forgot to mention that you have to be a girl (or have had the operation) to qualify

14. Janner have you forgotten that in todays modern navy that post is open to both sexes?
    ;)
    :pukel:

15. why do you have to be a girl? in the movies i dont see any girls. they are all big men like i will be when i am in

16. Top gun, the little known fact about HM armed forces is that the RAF regiment are actually more elite than the SAS. They are so hard that they are called rockapes. Also, you have to be a boy to join them, so youll be right in there!

17. TopGun,

Part of the Navy Seal course is a successful completion of the Antarctic Walrus hunt.

You cut a three foot circular hole in the ice, and place a dozen Birdseye frozen Peas around the circumference.

Then, when the Walrus comes along for a pea, you kick him in the icehole.

The procedure may have changed a tad since my time, but I'm sure Ninja will be along shortly with any updates.

Jerry

18. the RAF regiment? i want to be the best of the best a man can get. i am already good as i can run about 300meters in 3 minutes and i can do about 10 push ups and 15 sit ups in one go, i can make holes in ice i did do last winter when it was icey and i made holes in icey puddles

19. Think Gillette is what your looking for :thumright:

20. But can you leap small to medium sized buildings in a single bound?Are you faster than a striking Cobra?