I am Leaving this forum forever.

silverfox

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Didn't think it would last...

Look forward to the usual pusser's debate:

Sweeping generalisation... blinkered rebuff.... personal abuse and then physical voilence...

sadmann_insane!!

Midshipman
There are to many weirdos signing on to forums only to pick people up for there spelling and grammer,its a forum with short posts not an english phd term paper.

hammockhead

Lantern Swinger
Going back to the perennial question on this site, part of the problem is with the whole concept of the board. It is an offshoot of ARRSE but separate from it. The difficulty with that is that all the things that normal matelots talk about, current affairs, entertainment, sport, general forces stuff, are already covered much more amusingly and with a much higher participation than on here. What does that leave us with? Very specifically naval things, ships, shore establishments and naval history. Not surprisingly, the natural thing when discussing aircraft carriers or uniforms is to compare things with how they used to be, as most of us don't really know how they will be in the future.

We are increasingly a purple organisation, and most of the things that concern the average matelot, deployments, funding, political direction, also concern our green and light blue counterparts. In the RNR we share many issues in common with the TA and RAuxAF. I am not suggesting that the board is not good on the whole, but when a naval board was first proposed on ARRSE the view of many people was that we enjoyed it and would not want to be put away somewhere in our own corner. Much like what the old and bold are saying right now - we may have our own things that we are particularly interested in, but we don't want to be excluded from the general stuff that concerns us all. As it has turned out, many of us still post on both ARRSE and RumRation.

Now, we are a separate service with a variety of branches, we are about a third the size of the Army and can't be compared with the RAC or the Infantry on the ARRSE site or the RM on our own site. So a solution like the sub-forums on ARRSE or the RN/RM option on this board will not work. But could we not have ARRSE and RumRation more linked up, so that fora on each could be accessible from the other? We would maintain separate fora mainly, but on things like current affairs there could be a single forum. We would have a separate domain name and access site, but you wouldn't need to have separate memberships. I believe something like this was originally what BadCO and others wanted, but couldn't do for technical reasons. Perhaps technology has moved on since then?

FlagWagger

GCM
Book Reviewer
sadmann_insane!! said:
There are to many weirdos signing on to forums only to pick people up for there spelling and grammer,its a forum with short posts not an english phd term paper.

6/10, must try harder :lol:

sadmann_insane!! said:

Of what relevance is this effort to the thread?
:twisted:

Streaky said:
sadmann_insane!! said:

Of what relevance is this effort to the thread?
:twisted:

...just proving that you have at least one foot in your mouth re your thread on RM verses Para. :lol:

Dabs

Lantern Swinger
fishmiester said:
UncleAlbert said:
So goodbye Janner, rosi, andy, steve, levers, geof, needledick and everyone who knows me. I am gone

Didn't get a Mensh ..... Gutted :cry:
Know what you mean shippers, the fcuker didn't like me either. :roll:

Dabs

Lantern Swinger
SILVER_FOX said:
...................... storming off into the sunset doesn't help
SF
He will be back. If it comes to a choice of chatting with buddies on a site and drinking with bus drivers down the local RNA, well, you can see who wins. :lol:

Dabs

Lantern Swinger
silverfox said:
....................... sooner or later it becomes a 'things aren't as good as they used to be' rant by some former matelot.

SF
Hey man, after that big dit of yours you still have to admit 'things aren't as good as they used to be'. Are they now? :lol:

Latest Threads