I am at a loss to understand this

Discussion in 'Site Issues' started by finknottle, Aug 9, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Some time ago I put forward a suggestion for a dedicated condolences sticky see link:

Good_CO agreed to the implementation of this yet despite PM's to him it has not been implemented and I am at a complete loss to understand why. Maybe I made the rash mistake of believing this forum was run for the members?

I attach the PM's sent to Good_CO which to date I have not received a reply to.

New 'Sticky

Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:04 pm
    To: Good_CO
    My thought for the heading would be a simple 'In Memoriam' with the following description of its purpose.

'A place to post your thoughts for members of our Armed Forces killed on active service and Old Salts and Royals who have crossed the bar'.

Hope this meets with your approval?

Yours aye, Colin.

The Sticky

Posted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:44 pm
    To: Good_CO
    Dear Good_CO, a month has now passed since I PM'd you regarding the new sticky and to date I have not received a response from you, is there some problem that I am not aware of?

Regards, Colin.
  2. Maybe they just dont like you,but hei dont despair cos us lot in ere think your a good egg, :wink: 8)
  3. The CO's tend not to answer PMs, try e-mailing, their address is somewhere on the front page....
  4. My condolences for your loss.
    May this thread RIP.
  5. And that's all that matters. :wink:

Under the above advice I have emailed Admin, so hopefully.
  6. finknottle rocks :D
  7. I'll reply by PM and catch those teddies.
  8. Thank you Good_CO.
  9. Fink,
    I note you have started the condolences thread. Could I suggest you include a few guidelines to prevent it becoming the long series of 'RIP mate' posts from people who have no connection to those deceased, that most of us do not want it to be.