Hypocrisy

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by X.R.D, Jun 29, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Following on from the recent bitching about alleged racism being used on this site. I would like to draw all of your attention to some of those very nasty words that we aren't allowed to say-or want to-being flagrantly used in the link below.

http://www.arrse.co.uk/Forums/viewtopic/t=126757/postdays=0/postorder=asc/start=0.html

Now i know it ARRSE not RR and we are better educated than perce as a rule but dont you feel that words like "Ni**er" are a bit much??

X

2. Words and their acceptability change over time. the word nigger, yes I will put it in print was originally not a derogatory term. You copuld buy items in the colour nigger brown.
    Why is it that we white people find it difficult to use when black people use it amongst themselves all the time.
    Though it is not a word that I use, it is still a word, it is still in the English dictionary and we should not be afraid to write it.
    The PC brigade are slowly taking away freedom of speech and language.
    Rant over from Slim the honkey

3. Well if you look at the site rules it states somewhere that Racist slurs shouldn't be used whatsoever which i agree with. How come then we on RR get slated for apparently using "words" that to be honest i never saw and yet ARRSErs albeit yanks coming on the site flagrantly get away with it.

Double standards and i hope a MOD on here picks up on it.

4. The MODs on RR take a harder and straighter line than those on ARSE.

5. So are you suggesting that ARRSE is the non reflective life form in the wood pile?

6. Sorry POL who are you aiming this at mate??

7. Now that's what I call a PC way of phrasing it :)

8. Well; probably more negligent discharge than "aimed".

There are, indeed, some very naughty boys on ARRSE. There are also some pretty straight talking blokes who believe in calling a spade a spade.

9. As there are on here which is fair enough. However rules is rules and when people have a whinge on here about someone like RJ things rightly or wrongly are done about it! Admittedly RJ has thinned out although i see he is lurking about still but FFS if the sites are owned by the same people then the same standards should apply regardless or "Being straight talking"!!

10. Fair point and, yes, perhaps moderation blue side is more cautious than it is brown side. We all know, though, that R J does write for effect. He can be funny now and again but, I suppose, there's always the worry that an underage or pink fluffy may bumble in and forms the impression that it represents real-time British Forces.

On balance, I wouldn't accuse the RR Mods of being niggardly in their judgements.

11. Now stop this non PC talk :oops: we are not allowed to use the word Spade either :p

12. Reference RJ i would say that its horses for courses as i personally find his humour very black which due to my own work and previous experiences helps us cope with seeing things we sometimes don't like!!

However..........i draw your attention to the amount of people going online on this site or making any posts since he left. Not too many really which kind of leads me to think that a bit of conflict and dark humour gets people on here and making a contribultion.

This isn't to say that Racist slurs in jest or otherwise should be used on either sites as it again give the forces a bad impression to others looking in.

X

13. PMSL :D :D :D

XRD it's not aimed at anyone, read it again :D :D :D :D :D

14. Thinking back to the 60s music Elvis/Orbison/Berry/Stones/ Beatles Etc Etc. No Lyrics had the word Nigger in the song!!!! Roll the clock forwad!! with my lads music. Tu Pac/ P.D. Biggy Smalls D.O.B etc its full of dem nigger words!! :roll: :roll: :roll: But Hey Ho their mates are all multi cultural/ doesnt matter if their black or white :wink: :wink: :wink:

15. I did. I surprise myself with how funny i am sometimes!! :roll: :roll:

16. I agree mate and i think that the music industry needs to be held to account for it as it in itself incites racial double standards along the lines of "Its okay for you all to call each other Ni**ers but we cant"

How does that work because it beats me mate!!!

17. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

It is indeed double standards, I recall seeing something on TV along these lines and a black guy said that when they call each other nigger, it's okay because it's not offensive, but white people use it as an insult! :?

18. Is a Spade now to be called a Shovel?

19. The word 'nigger' is a derivation of the word 'negro', take a look at what the Spanish word for 'black' is.

The usage of words goes in trends, and not all words are welcome or fashionable. Once 'nigger' was in common usage but is now deemed offensive. The problem I have with accusations of racism is that it's fine for black people to use the word but not whites, and only black people can be offended by its use and no one else. It's either an offensive word or it's not. If it is offensive then NO ONE should use it, if it's not offensive ANYONE must be able to use it. No double standards.

And in reply to 21_Man, a spade is no longer a spade, it is a manually operated earth moving implement.

20. Do you infer, sir, that most pongos who frequent AARSE are Yorkshirepersons? :D :lol: :wink: