Hyde park bomber "no trial" guarantee

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by spartacus, Feb 25, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Downey walk away scott free, but soldiers are still being investigated over "Bloody Sunday". If charges are laid against any of them it shows once again that "Tommy Atkins" is expendable!

2. A monumental phuque up I would say.

3. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

In the interests of fairness, you would think the Bloody Sunday investigations would be dropped wouldn't you?

• Like Like x 4
  4. Yeah to right. Since there is sufficient evidence to prosecute this guy and yet due to a **** up by Blair there will be no such prosecution. And yet John Major said there was to be no inquiry into Bloody Sunday, Blair reverses that with the Saville Inquiry. Just like angrydoc said nobody says anything just so it looks like Blair did achieve peace in NI.

5. I'll bet any, if any, inquiry into this doesn't dig too deep

6. The "Good Friday Agreement" was a prize lesson in the principle of peace at any price. A condition was that convicted Terrs already in the slammer should be released. Arguably, it wouldn't be sensible to subsequently throw in the slammer anyone who'd avoided arrest. The whole thing is bollox but that seems to be what the smart buggers at the time signed up to.

http://www.democraticprogress.org/w...iday-Agreement-Prisoner-Release-Processes.pdf is worth a read. A health warning, though, to anyone already suffering from high blood pressure.

7. Thoughts are with the family's and colleagues of those killed. It must be a very bitter pill. The law is an ass.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Peter Robinson, first minister of Norn Iron has threatened to resign if there isn't an inquiry.
    Quite right too.....claims he was kept in the dark....(weren't we all!)
    Why is it that whenever a shitty stink occurs.....Blair is in the middle of it.....Iraq/Murdoch/...now this.
    ......I reckon all these floods and storms were his fault ! :cussing:

• Like Like x 1

9. Aye, 'it was the right thing to do'!!!

• Like Like x 1