Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by Obelix, Mar 4, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Are there many in HM Armed Forces who's be interested in hunting antelope in South Africa?

My good friend is a qualified Professional Hunter based over there, and is licenced to take groups out on hunting excursions into the bush. He is able to supply appropriate rifles, and give instruction where necessary.

He is able to organise taxidermists (mounting of heads and skins), but tries to encourage shooting for the pot rather. For those unable to take the meat & biltong back, it is donated to local disadvantaged people.

If there seems to be much enthusiasm for this, I'll take things further and try organise an trip.
  2. Sorry shippers not my kind of bloodsports!
  3. Holy fcuk.
  4. I should have added: This thread isn't for bunny-huggers.
  5. Nor for any normal, decent human being. Why don't you just f*ck off to SA and get lost.
  6. Ditto. Is there anyone actually interested in this depraved siht? :shock: :evil: :mad:
  7. If you are going to eat it, then shoot it. If you are trying to make to make the sport more socially acceptable by intimating that the carcass will be given to the hungry then F.R.O.
  8. :lol: :lol: :lol:
  9. I was taught that you shoot what you are going to skin, gut, cure and eat.
  10. Yip, that's correct Civvy, it's what I've always done. I'm not going to make that demand of people I take along though.

It's obviously not a widely known fact on this board that hunting is the number 1 provider of revenue to nature conservation in southern Africa. Without hunting, there wouldn't be nearly as many conservation areas as there currently are, and far less little bambis for all the tourists to ride around looking at.
  11. Yarpies (South Africans) are puffs :mrgreen: . Back in 2000 my boss, ( country lad, grew up on farm etc) asks me if i want to go pig hunting,NZ wild pigs look like boars, tusks and all that. I said OK. Meet up at car park edge of bush, he 's got three dogs (mangy mean looking ferkers) and a big ferk off knife strapped to his belt.
    Me. "Where's the rifles?"
    Him. "Don't need a rifle mate the pigs ain't armed." ( and that look in the eye. "ferkin poms.")
    Me :oops:
    Into the bush behind the dogs chasing them for 2 hours get a scent 1/2 hour more and we catch up 2 dogs on one end of a pig, other one nipping the pigs arse.
    Kiwi pulls his knife out jumps into the middle of it and sticks the pig in the back of the neck, before I've even worked out whats going on.
    5 mins later the pigs bled out and gutting begins. then cut through left front leg thread right through left then hump it out.
    Bloody hard work. I only had to worry about keeping up!
    Don't ever pi$$ off a kiwi pig hunter, he'll put you into a world of pain. :twisted:
  12. Nice story NZ.

Still doesn't mean you kiwis aren't puffs though: Back in SA we do the same, except that it's elephants we hunt, with our pet lions :cool: :lol: :lol:

Being a Kiwi, you may remember an Bok rugby captain from the 90's, Tiaan Strauss. Was a bit of a nutter, grew up on a farm, and in his youth practiced his tackling on the resident wildebeest!
  13. Obelix....can your "Professional Hunter" supply appropriate rifles for the animals so that at least they can shoot back????C'mon, give them a fighting chance eh? How about a little old Gattling gun for them and a Chieften Tank for us, but then again if you're gonna kill for the trophy, wouln't be much left by using the Tank now would it!!!!
    Sorry, but I must decline your generous offer...but thanks anyway! :evil:
  14. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

NZB and Obelix, whilst I appreciate that you are both from the Colonies, the word is Poof not Puff. Not that I would condone such sexist talk of course :roll: :roll:
  15. I quite like hunting in the bush....but it depends on whether she is in the mood or not :lol: :lol: :lol:
  16. The Bunny-Huggers prefer to buy their factory produced meat from the local supermarket so that they don't have to concern themselves that animals are killed to feed them.

I'd rather eat the meat from a clean shot deer (which up to that point had lived naturally in the wild), than buy meat, pumped full of chemicals on factory farms and sold in the local supermarkets.

Factory Farming or Hunting?

I know which I prefer and I'm guess the animals do too!

Oh! and don't forget we were all trained to kill PEOPLE, but that's OK!
  17. Not all of us! Quite the opposite for those of us in the RN Medical Service. Although we did make mistakes. :sad:
  18. I prefer to buy mine from a local butcher. That doesn't mean that I want to shoot deer (which I dont eat anyway) for pleasure.

If it was life or death then I wouldn't have a problem doing it, as my natural hunter instinct (and adrenalin) would take over.

ps. I was trained to kill wooden targets, not sure about you.
  19. OK, you are correct, although you did support others that were trained to do the killing!