Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by mikh, Feb 25, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Well, it 09:34. I've eaten the kebab from last night, poured 2 cups of very strong black coffee down my throat and I feel rats.
    Why did I do it, my poor head is going to explode, aaarrrrgggggghhhhh
  2. Force of habit
  3. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

mikh, hair of the dog mate, works every time. first one will be a struggle but you'll soon get back in the groove.
  4. Tough sh*t Mikh. Revenge is a meal best eaten cold. :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lol mate hope you take Blobbys advice, works for me when ever I fall of the wagon.

5. couple of hours later, 1L of orange juice, a fry up an a refeshing walk with the pooch, feel much better.

When I started this thread, I had it in mind to start a narrative on the pro's of a night out followed by the cons of the morning after, but as it took me 5 mins to type the few lines I did post, it ended up as 'oh fuck it that will do'

As for a hair of the dog, that will have to wait until teatime, as I will be driving later this afternoon, unforntunatly.
  6. You're lucky. You still have youth on your side. When you get to my age you'll find it takes much longer to get rid of a hangover!
  7. Takes a good two days to get the poison out of my system these days.
    If it hurts the next morning I have to have a beer, the only cure.
  8. Lucky bugger. I spent last night picking the buggers up and putting them in the back of the big yellow taxi. "He smashed his head off the kerb could of smashed his face off, clean off the kerb in was, could of killed him" came the drones of the drunken daughter at 02:00 whilst her father feined being more drunk than his was. :roll:
  9. Just carry on drinking :wink: :???:
  10. Went to Corfu a couple of years ago and did the mandatory tourist Greek night (Wed.) Had a great night, Got rat arsed, woke up on Friday. According to my wife(when she deciced to speak to me again), i drank about 2 ltrs of local wine.
    It's not true what they say, you don't get wiser as you get older. :idea: :idea:
  11. Equally there are times when I find it also takes longer to get the hangover.
  12. Same here Peter, especially as I now I have to drink more slowly to make sure that the pension lasts out. :smile:
  13. Not on pension yet so can go at my own pace.
  14. In three and a half years when my old age pension and BAe pensions kick in I'll be able to revert to type. :lol: Until then with just my RN & Molins pensions I have to be a little careful :cry:
  15. I prefer hair of the cat first thing in a morning after a session. They get stuck at the back of your through and make you gip.

I keep asking her to wax.
  16. Do you have to go to the dentist for a haircut?