HUMAN RIGHTS vs HUMAN WRONGS

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by UncleAlbert, Apr 2, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The Geneva Convention produced a document outlining the conduct of nations during a time of war. The idea being that leaders of any nation who broke those rules could be tried for war crimes. Indeed many leaders have been tried, convicted and imprisoned for war crimes since.
    So whats the possibility that Blair will one day stand in the dock accused of war crimes.

Or is he above that sort of thing.

2. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

would that be before or after he goes to prison for the cash for honours malarkey?

3. He'll probably escape to America and ask for political asylum!! :lol: :lol:

4. Or Bermuda and stay with Sir Cliff!!

5. Would it be Blair, or the Queen, who would be put on trial?
    Even now any military action is done in the name of the Queen, yes she has only nominal authority (realistically) but I'm sure you see what I'm saying.

6. Blair would be tried, as he is the person who exercises day-to-day political control and is the co-architect of this conflict.

7. As Liz said herself in an old Queens speech the days of wars when a British Monarch led the forces into battle are over .

So that leaves the present Commons crew and the spin merchants to carry the can.

8. Maybe in the future prince Harry can pick up the batton!

9. If TB was prosecuted would Cherie act for the prosecution or the defence

10. Although I would applaud the objectives in Iraq I would question the means employed to achieve them and IMHO by bombing the population Blair has committed a war crime
    The FIRST line of the Geneva convention document states: "Persons taking no active part in the hostilities ... shall in all circumstances be treated humanely".

11. Cherie is a defence lawyer. Earning thousands of pounds a year defending people who have been told they do not qualify to remain in this country. We the taxpaying public are paying. About time fees for lawyers being paid out of public funds were capped.

12. Maxi
    Peter it all depends on who will pay her the most.
    RoofRat

13. She would have represented 'Saddam' if the price was right :evil:

14. If the Yanks EVER ratify the new extradition treaty that we have, and the Yanks have used it most famously to get the Nat West Bank 3 before a USA Court then we could extridite him easy with no evidence being needed just an accusation is enough.

Nutty