HTC Desire HD

Discussion in 'Bloody Computers' started by daffy1, Nov 7, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. All I can say is that this phone is fantastic, if you want an alternative to the Iphone. It is large measuring 4.3 inches so it's not for every body but you do get the added bonus of that it supports flash so you get access to full web browsing.

2. wave_dodger

wave_dodger War Hero Book Reviewer

I would have agreed up until Christmas Eve when mine developed some odd faults - charging light displaying even when unplugged, bluetooth headset icon and no speaker sound when no headset linked, major slowdown. Taken back to CPW, not happy!

I'm hoping this was an isolated HW issue as prior to this its been fantastic, and better than my IPhone 3GS and Blackberries but thats a subjective personal view.

As with all smartphones, the battery sucks.... :roll:

3. It might be a nice phone, but it is full of security vulnerabilities. For many this will not matter, but do take care if you use it for work.

4. How many ears do you have, hopefully not one for each :wink:

5. wave_dodger

wave_dodger War Hero Book Reviewer

Absolutely, same as the Iphone (IOS), Android is full of snags but its nice to use. I was looking at rooting the phone and installing a custom ROM until the snags happened.

I use a MoD issued DII Berry at work, clamped down to buggery but awaiting the imminent new update to allow attachments and RLI/Web access - JPA on a 2" screen, now thats progress :twisted:

Glad someone noticed the LINUX reference. My two kids aren't as converted as I am, they asked for and received laptops for Christmas but to save money and make life easier for me I bought 2nd hand Dells for £75 each and installed Ubuntu and a customised shell for them, they can browse, listen to music, watch films and still they mank, "Its not windows!". 8 and 10 and already under the influence of Mr Gates.

:lol: , just phones I have previously had...