HSBC funds Islamic website mocking deaths of Brit servicemen

Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by Harty64, Dec 14, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Have a read of this:

http://westminsterjournal.com/content/view/243/1/

Then if you bank with HSBC ask yourself why. Because HSBC (and others) are running ads on Islamic extremist website Ummah.com where there is a crusader deaths section where British-based Taliban supporters mock the deaths of British servicepeople and their families. The site houses Bin Laden speeches (they call OBL "the honourable gentleman") and a load of other sick illegal Islamic extremist material.

So WTF is HSBC doing running ads on the site?

Write to:
    HSBC Bank PLC, Marketing Department, Level 33, 8 Canada Square, London, E14 5HQ

and tell them to stop NOW. Makes my stomach churn.....

2. Re: HSBC funds Islamic website mocking deaths of Brit servic

You didn't post a link on ARRSE either…

3. Re: HSBC funds Islamic website mocking deaths of Brit servic

Just printed off the article, read it then emailed HSBC with my 2 penneth.

4. Re: HSBC funds Islamic website mocking deaths of Brit servic

I have just read the article and i am also a hsbc customer. I have my bank account and my credit card with them.

And that is what my money goes towards :twisted: !

5. Re: HSBC funds Islamic website mocking deaths of Brit servic

Then email the twats! To to the HSBC website and follow the link at the bottom of the pages marks 'Contact Us'.

As a customer we should have an input into what our bank is doing. They should not be allowed get away with what is effectively your money. The may be The Hong Kong Shanghai Bank, but they have UK customers!!!!

Funding terrorists - out of fcuking order.

6. Re: HSBC funds Islamic website mocking deaths of Brit servic

Done.

Just wrote a quite lengthy email to them telling them what i think and asking for a response before i close my account. If anyones interested, when i get a response, i can let you know what they say (and it better be f'in good!!).

7. Re: HSBC funds Islamic website mocking deaths of Brit servic

Wow, someone joins just to promote some anti-Muslim/Islam website so lets all immediately email our bank... I can't find anything on that site suggesting the things that the OP said are there.

Don't get me wrong, if it is true then yes, I will write to HSBC but I see little evidence other than some scaremongering site.

3Badges

8. Re: HSBC funds Islamic website mocking deaths of Brit servic

Didn't read this bit then?

Ummah.com (not set up as a charity yet) has run a section dedicated to "Crusader Deaths" where dead servicemen and their families are poked fun at and the Taliban congratulated for their killing of non-believers (referred to as "dirty kuffar").

The site (open to all of whatever age) houses extremist lectures by the likes of Sheikh Anwar Al-Awlaki, an American-born Yemeni scholar who was banned from addressing a meeting in London by video link in August because he is accused of supporting attacks on British troops and backing terrorist organizations. Al-Awlaki is said to be the inspirer of the Muslim US Major Nidal Malik Hasan who recently massacred thirteen US soldiers at Fort Hood, Texas.

It is a free world, I made my decision to tell HSBC what I thought. You do what your conscience tells you.

9. Re: HSBC funds Islamic website mocking deaths of Brit servic

I certainly did read that but I still find no evidence of that on Ummah.com where I did look. All I found (and I searched for "crusader deaths") was something about someone getting a telling off for using names etc for fear of being prosecuted for religious persecution as they have been accused of.

Don't get me wrong, happily write to the bank if it is true but I have seen no evidence yet and I refuse to write off a bunch of people on a forum because of some other website and some person who has obviously registered here to put his own political views across.

10. Re: HSBC funds Islamic website mocking deaths of Brit servic

In fact it the more I think about it the more I believe it looks like spam to advertise that site.

11. Re: HSBC funds Islamic website mocking deaths of Brit servic

I checked Snopes just in case, nothing on there yet 3BAB, like you I will reserve judgement.

12. Re: HSBC funds Islamic website mocking deaths of Brit servic

A quick google of "Harty64" has brought up a genuine poster on a motorbike forum. It could be the same guy.

13. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

If you feel that strongly about this and having now started a shit storm which was your intention, why are you not back on here commenting further?

14. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Re: HSBC funds Islamic website mocking deaths of Brit servic

Rather like that Starbucks bollocks that surfaces from time to time.

It's amazing how outraged some can get over highly suspect claims by internet based 'journalists' and 'researchers'. This can go in the Gash Barge, there is no diesel in the outrage bus. Do let us know what HSBC have to say for themselves.

15. Re: HSBC funds Islamic website mocking deaths of Brit servic

Thats the idea of emailing them.

They are the only ones who can make a formal reply.

We can speculate all day but without an input from the accused we will never know. As for outraged - No. But I would like to know how my bank is conducting its business.

16. Seadog

waspie wrote
    Or the thread starter could have provided a link to something more substantial than the say so of an on line journo. Like evidence.

No?

Sorry, I got the impression from the evidence that you are outraged and, you'd made up your mind that HSBC are guilty.

17. Seadog

Fifty days later, any replies from HSBC that the outraged wish to share with we doubters?

18. Seadog

Is anyone feeling rather silly? Hopefully lessons have been learned. Don't board the outrage bus without a valid ticket. :roll:

19. Re: HSBC funds Islamic website mocking deaths of Brit servic

If only. I heard MP's are getting VC's for visiting Pirbright or Raleigh. And that Halfords refuse to give a discount if you show your MOD 90.