Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HSBC funds Islamic website mocking deaths of Brit servicemen

Harty64

Have a read of this:

http://westminsterjournal.com/content/view/243/1/

Then if you bank with HSBC ask yourself why. Because HSBC (and others) are running ads on Islamic extremist website Ummah.com where there is a crusader deaths section where British-based Taliban supporters mock the deaths of British servicepeople and their families. The site houses Bin Laden speeches (they call OBL "the honourable gentleman") and a load of other sick illegal Islamic extremist material.

So WTF is HSBC doing running ads on the site?

Write to:
HSBC Bank PLC, Marketing Department, Level 33, 8 Canada Square, London, E14 5HQ

and tell them to stop NOW. Makes my stomach churn.....

Oil_Slick

War Hero
Re: HSBC funds Islamic website mocking deaths of Brit servic

You didn't post a link on ARRSE either…

Waspie

War Hero

Just printed off the article, read it then emailed HSBC with my 2 penneth.

jjp23

Lantern Swinger

I have just read the article and i am also a hsbc customer. I have my bank account and my credit card with them.

And that is what my money goes towards :twisted: !

Waspie

War Hero

jjp23 said:
I have just read the article and i am also a hsbc customer. I have my bank account and my credit card with them.

Then email the twats! To to the HSBC website and follow the link at the bottom of the pages marks 'Contact Us'.

As a customer we should have an input into what our bank is doing. They should not be allowed get away with what is effectively your money. The may be The Hong Kong Shanghai Bank, but they have UK customers!!!!

Funding terrorists - out of fcuking order.

jjp23

Lantern Swinger

Waspie said:
jjp23 said:

Then email the twats! To to the HSBC website and follow the link at the bottom of the pages marks 'Contact Us'.

As a customer we should have an input into what our bank is doing. They should not be allowed get away with what is effectively your money. The may be The Hong Kong Shanghai Bank, but they have UK customers!!!!

Done.

Just wrote a quite lengthy email to them telling them what i think and asking for a response before i close my account. If anyones interested, when i get a response, i can let you know what they say (and it better be f'in good!!).

3BadgeAB

Midshipman

Wow, someone joins just to promote some anti-Muslim/Islam website so lets all immediately email our bank... I can't find anything on that site suggesting the things that the OP said are there.

Don't get me wrong, if it is true then yes, I will write to HSBC but I see little evidence other than some scaremongering site.

3Badges

Waspie

War Hero

3BadgeAB said:
I can't find anything on that site suggesting the things that the OP said are there.

Don't get me wrong, if it is true then yes, I will write to HSBC but I see little evidence other than some scaremongering site.

3Badges

Didn't read this bit then?

Ummah.com (not set up as a charity yet) has run a section dedicated to "Crusader Deaths" where dead servicemen and their families are poked fun at and the Taliban congratulated for their killing of non-believers (referred to as "dirty kuffar").

The site (open to all of whatever age) houses extremist lectures by the likes of Sheikh Anwar Al-Awlaki, an American-born Yemeni scholar who was banned from addressing a meeting in London by video link in August because he is accused of supporting attacks on British troops and backing terrorist organizations. Al-Awlaki is said to be the inspirer of the Muslim US Major Nidal Malik Hasan who recently massacred thirteen US soldiers at Fort Hood, Texas.

It is a free world, I made my decision to tell HSBC what I thought. You do what your conscience tells you.

3BadgeAB

Midshipman

I certainly did read that but I still find no evidence of that on Ummah.com where I did look. All I found (and I searched for "crusader deaths") was something about someone getting a telling off for using names etc for fear of being prosecuted for religious persecution as they have been accused of.

Don't get me wrong, happily write to the bank if it is true but I have seen no evidence yet and I refuse to write off a bunch of people on a forum because of some other website and some person who has obviously registered here to put his own political views across.

3BadgeAB

Midshipman

In fact it the more I think about it the more I believe it looks like spam to advertise that site.

Stirling

Banned

I checked Snopes just in case, nothing on there yet 3BAB, like you I will reserve judgement.

hamisatypeofcheese

Lantern Swinger

3BadgeAB said:
In fact it the more I think about it the more I believe it looks like spam to advertise that site.

A quick google of "Harty64" has brought up a genuine poster on a motorbike forum. It could be the same guy.

Blackrat

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Harty64 said:
Have a read of this:

http://westminsterjournal.com/content/view/243/1/

Then if you bank with HSBC ask yourself why. Because HSBC (and others) are running ads on Islamic extremist website Ummah.com where there is a crusader deaths section where British-based Taliban supporters mock the deaths of British servicepeople and their families. The site houses Bin Laden speeches (they call OBL "the honourable gentleman") and a load of other sick illegal Islamic extremist material.

So WTF is HSBC doing running ads on the site?

Write to:
HSBC Bank PLC, Marketing Department, Level 33, 8 Canada Square, London, E14 5HQ

and tell them to stop NOW. Makes my stomach churn.....

If you feel that strongly about this and having now started a shit storm which was your intention, why are you not back on here commenting further?

Seadog

War Hero

Rather like that Starbucks bollocks that surfaces from time to time.

It's amazing how outraged some can get over highly suspect claims by internet based 'journalists' and 'researchers'. This can go in the Gash Barge, there is no diesel in the outrage bus. Do let us know what HSBC have to say for themselves.

Waspie

War Hero

Seadog said:
Do let us know what HSBC have to say for themselves.

Thats the idea of emailing them.

They are the only ones who can make a formal reply.

We can speculate all day but without an input from the accused we will never know. As for outraged - No. But I would like to know how my bank is conducting its business.

Seadog

War Hero

waspie wrote
We can speculate all day but without an input from the accused we will never know.

Or the thread starter could have provided a link to something more substantial than the say so of an on line journo. Like evidence.

As for outraged - No.

No?

Then email the twats!

Sorry, I got the impression from the evidence that you are outraged and, you'd made up your mind that HSBC are guilty.

Seadog

War Hero

Fifty days later, any replies from HSBC that the outraged wish to share with we doubters?

Seadog

War Hero

Is anyone feeling rather silly? Hopefully lessons have been learned. Don't board the outrage bus without a valid ticket. :roll:

G

guestm

Seadog said:
Is anyone feeling rather silly? Hopefully lessons have been learned. Don't board the outrage bus without a valid ticket. :roll:

If only. I heard MP's are getting VC's for visiting Pirbright or Raleigh. And that Halfords refuse to give a discount if you show your MOD 90.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS HSBC and Santander to refund customers after CMA action MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Minister for Trade and Export Promotion announces HSBC as founding partner at Expo 2020 Dubai MoD News 0
MoD_RSS "El Embajador" beer collaboration raises funds for soup kitchens MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Teenagers to get access to Child Trust Funds for first time MoD News 0
MoD_RSS MOD funds predictive sepsis test for coronavirus patients MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Interest rate reductions on the Court Funds Office special and basic accounts MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Successful bid for funds to plant thousands of trees MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Domestic abuse charities can apply for vital funds MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Top-up to local business grant funds scheme MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Forex broker uses bank funds to buy foreign properties MoD News 1
MoD_RSS Charity watchdog finds trustees risked charity’s funds through inadequate management at religious charity MoD News 0
MoD_RSS 5-year ban for property boss after abusing client’s funds MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Couple living rent-free at dog charity’s property took charity funds to pay for items including holidays finds Commission MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Founding trustees of Jole Rider Friends paid themselves almost a quarter of charity funds finds charity watchdog MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Currency trading boss banned after abusing clients’ funds MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Over £50 million in charitable funds accounted for after action by regulator MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government provides more funds for local authority air quality action MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Continued concerns over handling of charitable funds prompts second inquiry MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Pension company wound-up after mismanaging £14m of funds MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Debt bosses’ failings lead to £7.6 million shortfall in funds MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Regulator finds ‘trustees placed charitable funds at risk’, as it announces inquiry into fund for Rohingya refugees MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Home Office funds innovative policing technology to prevent crime MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Former solicitor’s restrictions extended for abusing client funds MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Commission announces inquiry into funds connected with Sikh Youth UK MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: UK aid funds world’s biggest educational technology research project MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Textile boss handed bankruptcy restrictions after abusing funds MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Charity Commission removes animal charity trustee who diverted charitable funds into separate organisation MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Fishing rod licence funds invested in healthy fish stocks & fisheries MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Government funds research into knife-detection technology MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Government funds bus industry to improve air quality MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Penny Mordaunt launches new funds to tackle period poverty globally MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Inquiry into Save the Needy Worldwide finds trustees failed to protect charity funds MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Homes England funds first homes through local authority accelerated construction programme MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Improve cyber security in the Internet of Things: apply for funds MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: UK Space Agency funds new experiments onboard the International Space Station MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Injury claims boss jailed after removing company funds before closure MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Financial investor banned for 11 years after abusing clients’ funds MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: £3 million boost for Royal Navy charities from LIBOR funds MoD News 0
ulysses31 Mess Funds Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 3
MoD_RSS News story: Foreign Secretary announces funds for survivors of rape in war MoD News 1
soleil Guardian: "Navy Forced To Drop Warship Patrols In Caribbean Through Lack Of Funds" The Fleet 25
soleil Daily Echo: Helping To Raise Funds For Wounded Royal Marines The Corps 0
soleil "Lockheed Gets Funds For UK F-35 Landing Modification" The Fleet Air Arm 4
slim Cathedrals in plea for funds as entrance fee controversy Diamond Lil's 0
MoD_RSS Charity regulator appoints interim manager to Islamic Research Foundation International MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Charity regulator issues Official Warning to Islamic Centre of England Ltd MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Charity watchdog opens inquiry into Islamic Research Foundation International MoD News 0
MoD_RSS 34th Universal Periodic Review: UK statement on Islamic Republic of Iran MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Regulator undercovers ‘serious abuse of charity’ at Islamic Global Trust MoD News 0
Stirlin Europol: New-style Islamic State group seeks to target Europe Current Affairs 108