HRH Prince Phillip Interview

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by trelawney126, May 16, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Prince Philip: My sadness at lost Navy career and loss of royal yacht | Mail Online

Met him and Lord Louis Mountbatten in rather unfortunate circumstances. Having had the middle watch I turned in for the afternoon....needed to have a quick slash, and whilst swinging out of my bunk, clad in nix only,hanging from the cringle bar, the pair duly decended into our messdeck. Don't know who was more embarrased, but neither batted an eyelid. Good job I never followed through.

2. Good job you were not suffering from penisaurus erectus.

3. Interesting article. I've met the Duke on a variety of occasions through work and through family connections and he always comes accross as a genuinely top bloke, I was at an informal BBQ once where he was the guest of honour, I felt a tap on my shoulder and it was him walking around with a tray of sausages handing them out to people.

If I'm able to drive a horse carriage at 90, I'll be more than happy.

Good point about the Royal Yacht too, Blair should be hung for treason.

4. Blair should be hung for a lot of reasons!

5. Lionel or Tony? ;p

6. Now you mention it, BOTH!

7. Yes he should but not for getting rid of that floating gin palace, it was one of the few things New Labour got right.

8. The Royal Yacht did more for British foreign relations and trade than any other ship the Navy has ever operated.

There is a lot to be said for getting foreign politicos and heads of industry pissed up on a shiny big yacht.

9. Is that right? The mind boggles at just how we are managing to get along without it, or have we ceased trading?

That anachronism is still costing money; it should have been towed out to the Mariana Trench then used as target practice. Have you all forgotten that it was kept afloat on the lie that it would double up as a hospital ship. It still puzzles me why any self-respecting matelot would have wished to serve on that thing.

10. Sorry Finks, you wouldn't understand......its called style, clearly one thing pusser does best and sadly, the one thing that hasn't rubbed off on you during your naval service. :-D

11. Style you say, I will have you know that I would never wear brown shoes in the city.

12. Glad to hear that, how about your Brown Hat? in the city or otherwise? :-D

13. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

• Like Like x 1
  14. That's rich coming from a member of House of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Gl├╝cksburg who was born into the Greek royal family, he is a rude pompous ass.

Squire, we knew how to deal with brown hats in my day.

15. The voice of experience speaks. Obviously you know him?

16. :yawn:

Fancied as thread change did you Finks?

Anything to do with :king: and you have to get your oar in.

You obviously know little about world of trade and finance etc. The RY was a useful tool for conferences and more.

She was not used as a hospital ship as she was not needed. It was quicker and more cost effective to use the survey ships and SS Uganda. If the conflict was of a greater scale then I don't doubt that she would have been used. As for savings made, we just gave a few billion more away this morning. Darling signed it off just before he cleared his desk :evil3:

17. Sorry Finks, wihilst I often and silently agree with you on a lot of points, I feel that we must disagree here. Whilst my loyalty to the Queen has waned somewhat due to her agreeing to hand over sovereignty to the EUSSR, I think Phil The Greek\Dane is a top bloke. Never met him, but think he is a top bloke.

There was a TV documentary on the Royalty. iI was done by a bloke who disagrees with the idea of Monarchy. On endex of his work, his views hadn't changed on the concept of the Monarchy, but had become fans of the Windsors themselves. One of whom is part Greek/Danish.

18. Didn't he remove the death penalty for treason when in office?

19. As I stated previously, how strange that we still manage to trade perfectly well without it and that royal blue relic from a bygone era was not used in the Falklands conflict as the paint job may well have been scratched and we couldn't have that happening could we.

Anyway I must dash as I need to trade a couple of rabbits that I shot last night for some rhubarb and ginger jam.

20. ====================================================

====================================================

Only Finks could go on a Rabbit Run and end up shooting two of 'em.