Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

How you train?

xxspikexx said:
eat full english drink lots of beer fit as f%^k survived 46 yrs on it try for another 46 :D
I agree with your fitness programme spike, at 59 mine is exactly the same,except I do take supplements,bells ,teachers. :D

harryaitch said:
xxspikexx said:
eat full english drink lots of beer fit as f%^k survived 46 yrs on it try for another 46 D
I agree with your fitness programme spike, at 59 mine is exactly the same,except I do take supplements,bells ,teachers. D
nice one aitch u weren't a handler by any chance ? suppliments make me stroppy so stay on low fat version :p :mrgreen:

xxspikexx said:
harryaitch said:
xxspikexx said:
eat full english drink lots of beer fit as f%^k survived 46 yrs on it try for another 46 D
I agree with your fitness programme spike, at 59 mine is exactly the same,except I do take supplements,bells ,teachers. D
nice one aitch u weren't a handler by any chance ? suppliments make me stroppy so stay on low fat version :p :mrgreen:
In deed I was a member of one of the finest branches of the Fleet Air Arm 8). I wont say navy 'cuase it upsets the sailors to much. :( Back to the thread. Flight decks were great metal sports fields and I have great memories of playing deck hockey with no rules. :DF**k the puck go for the man. :evil: Modern footballers seem to have picked up a few tips from us. 8) .Often enough the puck ended up over the side,but a new one made from a bit of the fishheads rope and the stokers masking tape was produced very quickly.On occasions we allowed those that lived under the roof to come out and play :roll: .Trouble was the club swingers wanted to organise everybody,and that was'nt fun. 8O

Still play football, although it is more of a kick-about to be honest. Circuit training when I can fit it in and also still pump the odd bit of iron now and again. Must all be working, because at the tender age of 46 I can still get 9.3 on a bleep test for my RNFT.

Might I also add that I thoroughly enjoy drinking, eating and late nights ;-)

All about moderation ain't it? 8O
I run marathons and enter the odd triathlon, but I am neither obsessed or boring in my quest to achieve such goals... I love food, I love red wine, I love to go out, the only time I am conscious of all three is when I start my training programme for each event, then I am just too bloody exhausted to indulge in the last two... :(

Pastry products and anything alcoholic. Occasional Circuit.

Suppliments taken :- Gravy with the pastry product, Crisps (or sometimes nuts) with the ale.

Who cares who wins???
We may not win the match but we will certainly come good and spank who ever in the 3rd half/ 19th hole

it’s like this... A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members. In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, as we know, kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine.
That’s why you always feel smarter after a few beers.â€

fishmiester said:
it’s like this... A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members. In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, as we know, kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine.
That’s why you always feel smarter after a few beers.â€
Is that seriously true?

Average week would consist of:

Training
Run around 30 miles per week
Cycle around 20 miles per week
Circuit Training 2 x per week
Hill Sprints 1 x per week
Hillwalking 1 x per week

Supplements
50g Whey Protein before bed every night
1 x Multivitamin and Iron
1 x Glucosamine Sulphate 1500mg (just started taking)

Just starting Holding Troop with RMR Scotland though, so my phys will be on the increase!!

Spenny

Latest Threads