Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How will this effect Bombers and Fastlane?

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
It doesn't effect us, as the article states

So far, the main nuclear powers of the United States, the United Kingdom, Russia, China and France, have not signed the accord.

The treaty declares that the countries ratifying it must "never under any circumstance develop, test, produce, manufacture or otherwise acquire, possess or stockpile nuclear weapons or other nuclear explosive devices."

It only effects the signatories and as we haven't signed it doesn't apply.

huwshpis

War Hero
It doesn't effect us, as the article states

So far, the main nuclear powers of the United States, the United Kingdom, Russia, China and France, have not signed the accord.

The treaty declares that the countries ratifying it must "never under any circumstance develop, test, produce, manufacture or otherwise acquire, possess or stockpile nuclear weapons or other nuclear explosive devices."

It only effects the signatories and as we haven't signed it doesn't apply.
Emphasis added, note that the 5 powers who haven't signed up are the 5 permanent members of the UN Security Council. Who won the war (WWII)?

fishhead

War Hero
It would surprise me if Iran or North Korea had signed it either. There are probably other would-be nuclear powers who haven't found their biros yet.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Research into the Sawtooth Effect published MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Effect of pandemic on children's wellbeing revealed in new report MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Rule of six comes into effect to tackle coronavirus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New study to understand effect of COVID-19 on veterans MoD News 0
MoD_RSS National Minimum and Living Wage increases come into effect MoD News 0
theoldti FTRS effect of pay rise on pension abatement Finance & Pensions 4
MoD_RSS Press release: Trustees to mitigate the effect of unequal GMP's on pension income MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Biggest ever increase to National Living Wage comes into effect MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Safeguards governing investigatory powers come into effect MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: New research will examine effect of gender norms on men and boys MoD News 0
G Will my eye condition effect my application? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 34
D How will Scottish Independence effect the military? Current Affairs 18
M Will debt effect my rn appliacation??? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 19
soleil ThisIsSomerset: "Lynx Effect Sparked Love Of Helicopters" The Fleet Air Arm 0
M The "Cameron effect" on recruitment Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 25
jesse Rum Ration is having a strange effect on me! Diamond Lil's 1
G Afghanistan effect on mental health Current Affairs 5
D Effect of the bad economy on RN recruitment? The Fleet 59
J Ignual Hernia effect my eligibility to join the RN? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
GSSR_Vvd Deployment to effect full time application??? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
G Bombers/Hunter Killers Submariners 21
D Advice on being a submariner (aiming for bombers) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 34
MoD_RSS News story: UK fighter jets intercept Russian bombers approaching UK airspace MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: UK fighter jets intercept Russian bombers approaching UK airspace MoD News 0
fishhead Bombers.....................the end?????????? Submariners 3
witsend Bombers Submariners 16
soleil Mail: "Dramatic Moment As RN Warship Opens Fire On Speedboat 'Suicide Bombers'" The Fleet 10
The_Caretaker Bombers Land Ops 0
soleil Mail: "Kremlin taunting Britain with Blackjack Bombers" Current Affairs 1
WhizzbangDai Shared Bombers with ze French! The Quarterdeck 7
O Bombers or T/A-Boats? Submariners 4
O Bombers or T/A-Boats? Submariners 15
Maxi_77 50 years of Bombers Submariners 22
T How Al Qaeda recruit suicide bombers Diamond Lil's 8
slim 7/7 bombers 'used charity cash' Current Affairs 4
N Patrols on Bombers Submariners 76
wet_blobby Female suicide Bombers Diamond Lil's 9
slim One in 11 British Muslims backs suicide bombers, says Brown Diamond Lil's 1
Oil_Slick Glasgow Bombers named… Diamond Lil's 14
N Bombers to Music ! Submariners 2
N Only 3 New Bombers to be built ?? Submariners 1