how to spend a wet Bank Holiday weekend

Discussion in 'Hobbies & The Great Indoors' started by golden_rivet, May 23, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Looks like it will be wet where I am. Could I have some advice on passing the time.

Plans so far are:

Running around the lawn scattering grass seed to take advantage of the rain

Listening to Dr No Radio 4 Saturday afternoon (or maybe on listen again if Saturday is nice enough to get out on the bike)

... other suggestions please :bball:
  2. Frig yourself silly.
  3. Spend all day in the boozer
  4. Errr...camping. That's what I'm doing. :rambo:
  5. Superb thinking that man :thumright:

I'd do this, but I'm working Monday :( ( but it's double pay - no office staff on site - freeeedom :) !!!) so, I'll have to make do with Sat/Sun in the local hostelry... :)
  6. Having scattered your seeds, as it were, you could always sit down amongst your handiwork and take up train spotting. Following BusterQuin's excellent idea, how about a bike ride to the Sultan?
  7. Gordon Bennett!!! can you imagine the journey home??? :whew:
  8. The answer from Sigapore is no doubt obvious.

Get yourself to the local Tea Dance and find a nice LBFM who will sort out all the weekend chores such as washing, cleaning etc. and will then participate in a bit of indoor sports before it is is time to go out for a few Tigers again.

9. That is a very interesting suggestion McClog. Funny you should mention the ladies ... I strongly suspect that Singapore being the go-ahead place it is today that this type of service may be harder to come by than in the past. Do they offer a male machine version????????

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
  11. Go for a walk at a fave location all the sunshine types will be sat at home or down the silly garden centre.
  12. Well G R, I'm off to play with aeroplanes over the green fields of Staffordshire/Shropshire/Derbyshire. Whatever you decide to do (good point about the Sultan; but you could ride it there and wheel it back, with a polypin strapped to it), I hope you keep warm, dry (WX wise) and happy.
  13. Weekend courtesy of the NHS, knee-op,
    all stapled together and swollen up very
    nicely ta very much. Physio will be the
    highlight of the day.

(Anyway, it's going to p*** it down later!)