Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how to spend a wet Bank Holiday weekend

Looks like it will be wet where I am. Could I have some advice on passing the time.

Plans so far are:

Running around the lawn scattering grass seed to take advantage of the rain

Listening to Dr No Radio 4 Saturday afternoon (or maybe on listen again if Saturday is nice enough to get out on the bike)

... other suggestions please :bball:

BusterQuin said:
Spend all day in the boozer

Superb thinking that man :thumright:

I'd do this, but I'm working Monday :( ( but it's double pay - no office staff on site - freeeedom :) !!!) so, I'll have to make do with Sat/Sun in the local hostelry... :)

Having scattered your seeds, as it were, you could always sit down amongst your handiwork and take up train spotting. Following BusterQuin's excellent idea, how about a bike ride to the Sultan?

Passed-over_Loggie said:
Having scattered your seeds, as it were, you could always sit down amongst your handiwork and take up train spotting. Following BusterQuin's excellent idea, how about a bike ride to the Sultan?

Gordon Bennett!!! can you imagine the journey home??? :whew:

McCloggie

Lantern Swinger
The answer from Sigapore is no doubt obvious.

Get yourself to the local Tea Dance and find a nice LBFM who will sort out all the weekend chores such as washing, cleaning etc. and will then participate in a bit of indoor sports before it is is time to go out for a few Tigers again.

McC

McCloggie said:
The answer from Sigapore is no doubt obvious.

Get yourself to the local Tea Dance and find a nice LBFM who will sort out all the weekend chores such as washing, cleaning etc. and will then participate in a bit of indoor sports before it is is time to go out for a few Tigers again.

McC

That is a very interesting suggestion McClog. Funny you should mention the ladies ... I strongly suspect that Singapore being the go-ahead place it is today that this type of service may be harder to come by than in the past. Do they offer a male machine version????????

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

golden_rivet said:
Looks like it will be wet where I am. Could I have some advice on passing the time.

Plans so far are:

Running around the lawn scattering grass seed to take advantage of the rain

Listening to Dr No Radio 4 Saturday afternoon (or maybe on listen again if Saturday is nice enough to get out on the bike)

I'm so fecking old that my best idea is to spead some grass seed. There must be something else but I can't remember what it is.

... other suggestions please :bball:

Well G R, I'm off to play with aeroplanes over the green fields of Staffordshire/Shropshire/Derbyshire. Whatever you decide to do (good point about the Sultan; but you could ride it there and wheel it back, with a polypin strapped to it), I hope you keep warm, dry (WX wise) and happy.

BillyNoMates

War Hero
Weekend courtesy of the NHS, knee-op,
all stapled together and swollen up very
nicely ta very much. Physio will be the
highlight of the day.

:w00t:

(Anyway, it's going to p*** it down later!)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Dstl exceeds spend target with Small and Medium Enterprises MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Ilfracombe rapist will spend longer behind bars MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Dstl Anticipates Record SME Spend MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK defence procurement spend worth more than £1.7 billion a year to Scotland MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Serious violent and sexual offenders to spend longer in prison MoD News 0
MoD_RSS 200 people to spend Christmas off the streets and in their own homes thanks to innovative government programme Housing First MoD News 0
R Will I spend all my time in the bridge? Joining the Royal Navy 10
MoD_RSS Violent and sexual offenders to spend longer behind bars MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Education Secretary calls for children to spend summer outdoors MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Robber who repeatedly stabbed police officer to spend more time in jail MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Hampshire hammer attacker to spend longer behind bars MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Domestic abuser to spend more time behind bars MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: NATO must improve agility and spend, Defence Secretary urges MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Single source regulator launches new rules on £6 billion spend MoD News 0
soleil GBC: "Spanish Survey Vessel Defies Navy To Spend Over Seven Hours In Gibraltar Waters Bases / Shore Est 32
J How many days a year does a submariner get to spend with their families ? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
K How long do you actually spend at sea in the RN? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 58
trelawney126 What a way to spend Christmas Diamond Lil's 37
trelawney126 EU's Answer to Austerity, SPEND, Spend, Spend Current Affairs 3
soleil Telegraph: "MoD To Spend £389m On Jump Jets It Does Not Need" The Fleet Air Arm 2
sgtpepperband Metro: "Priest ‘stole £850k’ to spend on strip clubs..." Diamond Lil's 6
soleil Standard: "Dithering over defence spend" Current Affairs 13
Maxi_77 Should Jaqui Spend More Time With Her Sister Current Affairs 16
P We don't spend enough on defence research Diamond Lil's 7
A Russians to spend £97 Billion on Defence over next 8 years Current Affairs 21
Shakey How to usefully spend £7.4m of taxpayers money. Current Affairs 8
Taztiff Crabs getting their feet wet? Current Affairs 5
L Promotional Prospects WET ? UPO/Careers Office 2
C Submariner Wet and Dry Training Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
J Wet phase of submariner training. Submariners 14
SONAR-BENDER Definitely not Wet And F***ing Useless! The Fleet Air Arm 7
SONAR-BENDER A Booty's (or Walt's) wet dream come true! Diamond Lil's 5
soleil Western Morning News: "Rescue Crews Give Dry Run To 'Wet Winching'" The Fleet Air Arm 2
T Wet canteen to club The Fleet Air Arm 3
RabC Is this Wet Blobby Diamond Lil's 4
ProudNavyWife(tooBe) bit of a wet question! Health & Fitness 13
pongoshaggy mr wet blobby The Corps 37
mikh Wet Blobby, Censored Diamond Lil's 7
HarryBosch Oy! Wet Blobby! Diamond Lil's 0
bigbaddog A Boy-Racers Wet Dream. Diamond Lil's 5
A Brew or Wet The Quarterdeck 34
A Crab calling the Andrew Wet The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 5
golden_rivet wet weekend ... The Quarterdeck 13
MoD_RSS Call for Bids: Promoting Societal Links between Gaza & West Bank MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Open letters between HM Treasury and Bank of England, September 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Companies House bank details have changed MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Flower power to help car journeys this bank holiday MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Tougher fines ahead of Bank Holiday to crack down on illegal gatherings MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The UK and the Bank of Thailand sign MoU on Financial Services MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Dogger Bank scallop closure extended MoD News 0