How to prepare for the royal marines?

Discussion in 'The Corps' started by rookierambo, Sep 5, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi everyone,
    Im thinking of joining the royal marines after I've finished college (july 14) haven't decided whether to go officer or commando yet.
    At the minute im not the biggest of people so am trying to bulk up doing a simple 5x5 program.
    Was wondering if anyone out there can give me any tips on how to prepare best, specific training programs etc

Any help is really appreciated

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

2. Hmmm, aren’t officers RM Commandos then?
  3. Hi

please start by using the search function as this topic has been 'done to death'

if your questions are not answered by using the search function then by all means come back and ask
  4. not very helpful that, Finks
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Maybe, but it clearly says on website
    Join as an officer or commando

6. Okay cheers will give that a go

7. One more will be along soon
  8. The best resource on the web for you, is
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Have to say in this instance I do agree with Finks (Help, what's happening to me?!) and confirm what rookierambo states - crap terminology on the RN website & RM Recruitment on Facebook also.

The RN website seems to confuse the Commando qualification with rank and wrongly, and frequently, differentiates between RM Other Ranks and Royal Marines Officers by referring to Other Rank Royal Marines Commandos as "Commandos" instead of Royal Marines and Royal Marines Commando Officers as "Royal Marines Officers".

10. Yes I was a tad brusque and apologise unreservedly to the young want to be Royal.

N_S I concur; crap.
    • Like Like x 1