Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to get NVQ`s since leaving the MOB?

I left the mob last year and since discovered I didn`t get awarded my NVQ 3 electrical and mechanical engineering! I was a POMEM(L) and I`m sure I wrote a cheque to cover the mechanical NVQ as that was what I was told at the time to do, it was about 4 or 5 years ago. How do I go about trying to get these awards, I`ve read on this forum that some people think they`re not worth the paper they`re written on, but I can assure you I won`t get the next Job I`m after if I don`t have them. All help appreciated.

SWS Fag

Lantern Swinger
Me's I'm not sure, I know collingwood has an NVQ CELL were I got mine as a WE. Maybe you could contact them.

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

BARNEYRNSM

War Hero
I still have mine from Sultan,I left the mob 5 years ago will dig out the certificate tomorrow and see if there is a contact address

clanky

War Hero
A level 3 engineering qual is very useful in civvystrasse btw.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Navy Net - Rum Ration mobile app

Polto

War Hero
I think I need a level three in how to get past the recruitment agency fine mesh filtering system.

BARNEYRNSM

War Hero
Have found the certificate it only says flagship training limited HMS Sultan,try ringing MOD exchange and ask for flagship at Sultan,someone who answers will hopefully know which department you need.

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
Flagship no longer exists. It's been replaced by either Interserve or Babcock, depending which part of the contract each one wanted.

BARNEYRNSM

War Hero
Ok then ask for NVQ department at Sultan,how things change in five years!

soleil

War Hero
I left the mob last year and since discovered I didn`t get awarded my NVQ 3 electrical and mechanical engineering! I was a POMEM(L) and I`m sure I wrote a cheque to cover the mechanical NVQ as that was what I was told at the time to do, it was about 4 or 5 years ago. How do I go about trying to get these awards, I`ve read on this forum that some people think they`re not worth the paper they`re written on, but I can assure you I won`t get the next Job I`m after if I don`t have them. All help appreciated.

FM

It might be worthwhile giving the NRIO at HMS Nelson a ring on 02392 724127 - you should at least be able to get the details of whomever you need to speak to via them.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
FunkyJunky NVQ Submariners 3
GashHand01 NVQ equivalent in the service The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Z NVQ Level 3 The Fleet Air Arm 24
ForcesJobShop Ex Infantry Tutor/ NVQ Assessor The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
O NVQ Assessor Security The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
O NVQ Assessor Security The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
H NVQ Level 3? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
bitter_and_twisted NVQ accreditation Cell HMS Sultan The Fleet Air Arm 5
MoD_RSS Veterans’ Office marks one year since establishment MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New data shows proportion of steel procured within UK has doubled since last year MoD News 0
MoD_RSS NHS Test and Trace successfully reaches over 80% of close contacts since launch MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Test and Trace service reaches more than 250,000 people since launch MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Plastic carrier bag sales slashed by more than 95% since 5p charge introduced MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Office for Veterans' Affairs marks one year since creation MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Marking 75 years since VE Day MoD News 0
MoD_RSS 50 years since Black Arrow launched the UK into space MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM unveils plans to mark 75 years since VE Day MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Teachers set for biggest sustained pay increase since 2005 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Motorists saving hundreds of thousands per day since Severn tolls’ abolition MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Progress since the transition to a new government in Sudan MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New HIV diagnoses fall by a third in the UK since 2015 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Northern Powerhouse Minister backs Liverpool’s regeneration plans in first official visit since Cabinet promotion MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Armed Forces mark 50 years since the start of operations in Northern Ireland MoD News 0
MoD_RSS A year since the Global Disability Summit: UK invites stakeholders to review progress MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Plastic bag sales down 90% since introduction of 5p charge MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Wages overtake inflation for 16th month in a row – fastest real terms growth since 2015 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS One million visitors use passport eGates since expansion MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: UK crowd-sourced history campaign marks 50 years since the first Moon landings MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Workless households fall by over a million since 2010 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Police to get largest funding increase since 2010 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: UK trade with Canada up 14% since new free trade agreement introduced MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Welsh Secretary to commemorate 100 years since the end of the First World War MoD News 0
T The Recruitment Process - my experience so far... (4 months since applying) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
Flatcapper83 It's been 14 month since my interview Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
MoD_RSS Press release: The Queen to join the nation in marking 70 years since the victory over Japan MoD News 0
Tanzi Since . . . Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 3
soleil Falmouth Packet: "Major Anti-Submarine Exercises Off Cornwall Biggest Since Cold War" The Fleet 11
soleil Mail: "Silent Cities Of Sacrifice: Battlefields Where You Can Mark 100 Yrs Since WW1" History 4
Naval_Families_Federation UPDATE: Service Pupil Premium Includes Parents that have Divorced Since 2011 Current Affairs 0
soleil Plans To Mark 100 Years Since The Beginning Of The First World War In 2014 Announced History 77
wet_blobby Crabs.....Making shit up since April's fool day 1918 Diamond Lil's 53
T Navy event to mark 30 years since Falklands Current Affairs 16
T SAS war diary: The SAS secret hidden since World War II Current Affairs 2
Trigger_92 Since most of us are cnuts. Diamond Lil's 19
tommo 65 years since VE Day The Quarterdeck 15
D Birth defects 'have risen since US Falluja operation' Current Affairs 14
A Ships decommissioned since 1997 Current Affairs 33
WhizzbangDai Japan gains largest warship since WWII, and exped capability The Fleet 2
Sparrowhawk01 39 years since the end of the tot! Diamond Lil's 4
soleil Memorial Concert marks 20 years since attack on RM Bandies The Corps 5